Primordia

Started by Dave Gilbert, Wed 05/12/2012 20:53:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mati256

Quote from: an Urpney on Tue 11/12/2012 07:30:41
One little theological note : )
Spoiler

Horus was not a god of death - in Ancient Egypt Horus was a god of Egypt (Lower Egypt and Upper Egypt) united under Pharaoh's reign and Pharaoh himself was believed to be incarnation of Horus (later: son of Amon Ra).
Egyptian god of death, the dead and afterlife was Anubis.
[close]

Spoiler
There's a virus you can use that is called Thanatos, god of death in Greek mythology. You can miss this virus entirely, like some other things in the game. Not entirely sure if a good design choice. My first ending was refusing to ally with Metromind, it was the worst ending in an adventure game ever. I just died and nothing else happened. Thankfully after that I found some other endings much better.
[close]
My Blog! (En Español)

an Urpney

Quote from: Mati256 on Tue 11/12/2012 21:30:58
Spoiler
There's a virus you can use that is called Thanatos, god of death in Greek mythology. You can miss this virus entirely, like some other things in the game. Not entirely sure if a good design choice. My first ending was refusing to ally with Metromind, it was the worst ending in an adventure game ever. I just died and nothing else happened. Thankfully after that I found some other endings much better.
[close]

Spoiler
Yes, I know about the virus which comes with complete Horatio's backstory - and it's name is pretty accurate: as Thanatos, it's a collector of souls, a Grim Reaper for robots - just as Thanatos was in Greek mythology.
My first ending was merging with MetroMind and that wasn't satisfying as well - I didn't want her to absorb Horatio!
Endings I've found:
- Kill Scraper with the virus (wanted to do the same with Metromind, but Horatio refused), take the power core,
- Blackmail Metromind, take the power core,
- Destroy the power core,
- Merge with MetroMind,
- Destroy every robot in Metropol with the virus,
- Commit suicide,
- Get killed by Scraper.
Still have some items unused (like Oswald's oil can - after taking it this quest just ended without any reward), so maybe there is more...
[close]
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

arj0n

And it arrived, whoohoo!

@ the whole team:
What an amazing game, it did live up to all my expectations. For sure one of the AGS top projects of 2012!
Thanx!

tinyhippo

One of the best adventure games I've played so far. Immensely atmospheric. Would like to say thanks to everyone who developed it. For the most part, it inspired me to try doing a game of my own. :smiley:

Monsieur OUXX

The game got 7/10 in the best French video games magazine ("Canard PC") because despite being excellent on so many levels, it's too short (despite its re-playability with several solutions to one puzzle). They say it will reach its full value when the price drops a tiny bit in a few months. (that magazine includes the length and the price in their grades)

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Mati256 on Tue 11/12/2012 21:30:58
Spoiler
My first ending was refusing to ally with Metromind, it was the worst ending in an adventure game ever. I just died and nothing else happened.
[close]
Whoa, I really disagree, I thought it was a cool, emotionally strong ending. I was quite happy about it being included.
And obviously I strongly approve of all the optional missable stuff in the game. :)

CaptainD

I too was pretty disappointed with the ending Mati256 talked about to be honest, although it was my second ending. 

Apologies if anyone has already asked this but how many endings are there?  I found the two obvious ones, I had an idea there might be another one with
Spoiler
being able to fix Crispin - man I hope you are able to do that, the little dude#s sacrifice really brought a lump to my throat!!
[close]

But even with being a little disappointed with the ending, and not really taking to the game fully until I got to Metropol, I have to say that the main section of the game was absolutely brilliant - in terms of story and atmosphere, aesthetics, characters, puzzles - particularly the multiple solutions to many puzzles.  The music was terrifc, reminded me of Vangelis' Bladerunner score in quite a few places.  Congrats to the dev team, you did an amazing job!

kconan

Alert the Minister of Propaganda for Primordia, as we haven't yet seen this in the FYC Thread. :)

ddq

I thought the FYC thread was only for games no one played?

kconan

I look at the FYC thread as more of an official throwing of the hat in the ring, and some fun game pimping.

CaptainD

Tramponline

Next AGS winner at the Aggie Awards!

Primordia won in the category 'Best Setting' today.

Congratulations to all of you!

Also in particular to Victor and Mark for making this eerie dystopian vision come alive. 
Had a great time testing it. Well deserved, gentlemen!   

Stupot

It is indeed a great setting. Congrats to all involved :)

yashination

Honestly one of my favorite games that I've played recently. I really liked Crispen. I wish I had my own sidekick or lackey now.
Check out my game Static.

MarkYohalem

We've released "Fallen," a free spin-off story set in the same universe as Primordia.  It's a good introduction to the setting if you haven't played Primordia, and if you have, you may enjoy the way it continues the story.  You can find it on our Facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wormwood-Studios/47815438015

Or at a direct download here:

http://www.primordiagame.com/fallen_part_1.pdf

The upside of following it on Facebook as that you'll get notifications when the next parts are released.

Mati256

Nice addition to the adventure game.
Kindle friendly or epub would be awesome!
My Blog! (En Español)

MarkYohalem

Thanks for the suggestion!  When the whole thing is released, there will be an ePub version for download.

Pinback

Fallen Part 1: Awake is now on Youtube in Audio-Visual format. This was an experimental project of mine created in tandem to Mark Yohalem, Tamás Szathmáry's and my illustrated text version.

For this version, Fallen is read aloud by Tord Johnson, accompanied by an ambient score and animated landscape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vmtgUgifGQ

Anian

Hold the hell on, damn it, I'm just playing the game now.  :grin:
Just got into Metropol, very nice game so far, oozes atmosphere.

EDIT: finished the game, everything was very nice, except maybe the kiosk puzzle which kind of depends on a small detail that I just didn't catch and thus got stuck. Story, art, music, all interesting. Very nice job.
Now onto those Fallen episodes.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

MarkYohalem

The graphic novella is now up at:  http://www.primordiagame.com/Fallen_Complete.pdf

Audio version will follow soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk