Yellow

Started by Furwerkstudio, Thu 04/04/2013 20:37:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Furwerkstudio

Just curious what others think of a Giallo influenced game and would anyone be interested in ether playing or making one.

Me? I would like to make one, but I don't think I got the chops to emulate the greats. I would start off possibly with the three mothers and wind up with Pieces. I cannot tell if that is a good or bad thing.

As for playing them, I think I had and enjoyed them. With the Chzo mythos and Clock tower being the closest to tone, in my opinion at least.

Anian

I suggest going the Tarantino way and taking the best stuff out of it while making it modern. And if the art is not from Poser or Photshop collage and lens flare fest, I'd play that game.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

LimpingFish

I actually started work on a gialli-esque project some years back. "Blind Horrors in a Lidless Eye" was the most ludicrous title I could think of. The whole thing ended up being little more than an excuse to write some genre-appropriate tunes, though, and it now languishes somewhere in my TODO pile.

Not much else to share, except some rough concept renders:

Needless to say, it was going to be a first-person game. It would've also adhered to the giallo trope of more style over substance. :-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk