Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

OneDollar

Damien Hirst: The Adventure Game

kaput

Pretty sure that's from Lost: Via Domus.

kaput

OK, fuck the formalities, I'm right, let's go on to the next one:

Gribbler

Hmmm, is this retro jRPG?

abstauber

Looks like Square Penics blockbuster :D

hmm.. Final Fantasy 6?

Gribbler

Looks like one of Dragon Quest games.

Janos Biro

It looks like a walking scrap heap to me.
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

kaput

Nope so far. Some guis got removed so the screenshot is a bit deceptive. Totally awesome game that came out in the early nineties. Way ahead of it's time. Not so much jRPG but certainly j.

Gribbler

Is this DOS or console game?

kaput

Console.

Hint: It was released along with a 'new addition' to said console. I'll do another screenshot and hint later on if no one gets it.

Edit: another screenshot -

Ben X

Quote from: Sunny Penguin on Thu 17/04/2014 01:29:41
OK, fuck the formalities, I'm right, let's go on to the next one:

Sorry for the lack of confirmation, I had limited internet access for a few days. Well done!

Gribbler

Is this a light gun game?

kaput

Quote from: Ben X on Fri 18/04/2014 13:14:28
Sorry for the lack of confirmation, I had limited internet access for a few days. Well done!

No worries, cheers. That Lost game, though... could have been so much better, eh. I remember feeling an overwhelming sense of 'is that it???' after completing it. They could have done so much more with it! Ach well.

Quote from: Gribbler on Fri 18/04/2014 16:03:26
Is this a light gun game?

Yep.

Scavenger

Battle Clash for the SNES?

kaput

Quote from: Scavenger on Fri 18/04/2014 18:21:58
Battle Clash for the SNES?

Indeed it is. Nice one. Here's a nice gameplay vid for those who haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWxJJWe8aM. Shooting those robot dudes flying around with the super scope was intense!

Scavenger

I was looking for this game for years and years after watching my cousin play it, but it turned out to not be as good as I originally thought it would be.

Grim

Gribbler

No no this looks a lot like Legend of Valor. I so wanted this game to be good too, but it just wasn't...

Scavenger

Quote from: Gribbler on Sat 19/04/2014 09:07:23
No no this looks a lot like Legend of Valor. I so wanted this game to be good too, but it just wasn't...

This is correct!

You could throw herbs at random dudes and it was pretty amazing to watch when all you've seen before is Frogger and Digger, ahaha. But Legend of Valor did not live up to the hype. :<

Gribbler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk