MAGS July: "Independence" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Mon 01/07/2013 12:26:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: Jaffles on Mon 15/07/2013 20:22:45
anything to report?
I may be able to scrape together a dozen hours or so and finish my abandoned OROW game. Fingers crossed, anyway... :P

Atelier

I have my own entry planned out. A few short puzzles and 3 rooms - and like Tenacious Stu did, I've chosen a protagonist that doesn't have legs ;)

Tenacious Stu

Quote from: Atelier on Wed 17/07/2013 11:25:14
and like Tenacious Stu did, I've chosen a protagonist that doesn't have legs ;)

Actually, my game has taken quite a U turn from the original plan. Here it is now:

*WIP

The working title is Time Stone

I tried to work with the genie idea and came up with a game that had some good puzzles, but due to me taking so long with my artwork, there was no way it was getting done in one month, so I re-thunk and came up with a more bite-sized game that had a nice little story and a few simple puzzles that I felt was more achievable to create in a month. I'm pretty pleased with how it looks now, but there's still along way to go. Good Luck everyone who is entering.

DBoyWheeler

@Tenacious Stu
Since the current theme is Independence, what is the heroine trying to get independence/freedom from?  Just thought I'd ask and make sure the entry is still with the rules--being a sorta brother's keeper and all.

kaput

Ok, so I've been making a lot'a progress with this MAGS, got my backgrounds, got my animations, got my story. I think I need a kick up the ass to get it finished, though. Will I make it before the end of the month? I dunno, but I'm gonna try.

The story is basically a lazy fat ass cat (literally a cat) called Mac who needs to cut down on the chow, but he's resilient! He wants fed and he wants it NOW. Trouble is his owner won't do the deed so you need to help the little guy out. Show that he has independence and can feed himself! worth pursuing? Also, if you are up for some voice acting give me a shout! Has to be funny. For the role of the cat (which I am considering doing by myself at this point) needs to have a gritty and sarcastic tone. Who's game for it?

If you ever had a cat (that's a bonus) you know what I'm talking about with this game. Long live the gate keepers.

If the game is not finished for MAGS I'll just go ahead and release it later, but it'd be nice if it was done for the compo  :smiley:.

Disclaimer: This is satire!? Yep.

Jaffles

Sounds great! Good luck getting it finished!

Tenacious Stu

Well. Looks like my game isn't going to be ready for Wednesday. But I have enjoyed working on my game regardless and I plan to continue working on it until it is finished. I've learned a lot about what I can achieve in a Month and hopefully I will have more success with some another MAGS. Watch this space for Time Stone :P. Good luck to everyone else who is taking part.

Atelier

Ok, I'll open MAGS August early. At least the project will eventually see the light of day!

Radiant

Here is our submission, an expanded version of Draconis. It was started earlier this month for OROW, and since then we've recruited an actual musician, fixed some issues in the game, improved the frame rate, doubled the level count, and by popular request added save points. It has Smaug's official sign of approval now!

This cunning puzzle game puts you in the role of Drakesworth the dragon, who is oppressed by the knasty Knights of Knuisance who have stolen his precious gems. To prove he can stand up for himself and make a name as a flying flaming terror (like any dragon should), he has to recover the gems, and set some knights on fire while doing so. Also, this game has a function for custom playing field; you can edit the customlevel.txt file in any text editor to create your own levels, gaining eternal fame and recognition from dragonkind for doing so. Enjoy!

Download here.

Atelier

Sorry Radiant, I wasn't aware you'd been working on an entry!

I don't think anybody else is entering this month, so I'll go ahead and declare you the winner.

DBoyWheeler

Yeah... well, it was a good attempt.  Hopefully August will get more people into it.

And I'm hoping to try my hand in a future one.  I'm planning to take part in the September one, but we'll see.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk