Conspirocracy

Started by KodiakBehr, Sun 08/12/2013 20:12:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasca

What a great game! Loved it. MY favourit part was fighting the scorpion in the desert. Genius!
Thank you for this game!

KodiakBehr

Yay -- thanks Lasca!  Three days worth of drawing and coding and recording for a 5 second gag.  And I'd do it all again.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Fri 24/01/2014 22:51:42
Three days worth of drawing and coding and recording for a 5 second gag.  And I'd do it all again.

Tell me about it! :smiley:
Wish you the best man. Conspirocracy is indeed a unique adventure.

Sslaxx

Dunno if anyone else has tried it, but the game doesn't seem to be working with the (as of typing) latest Git revision of the Linux runtime:

QuoteAGS: Adventure Game Studio v3.3 Interpreter
Copyright (c) 1999-2011 Chris Jones and 2011-2013 others
ACI version 3.3.0.1144

AGS: ***** ENGINE STARTUP
AGS: Reading config file
AGS: Initializing allegro
AGS: Setting up window
AGS: Initializing game data
AGS: Initializing TTF renderer
AGS: Initializing mouse
AGS: Checking memory
AGS: Initializing speech vox
Speech sample file found and initialized.
AGS: Initializing audio vox
Audio vox found and initialized.
AGS: Initializing keyboard
AGS: Install timer
Checking sound inits.
AGS: Initialize sound drivers
ALSA lib rawmidi_hw.c:233:(snd_rawmidi_hw_open) open /dev/snd/midiC0D0 failed: No such file or directory
AGS: Install exit handler
AGS: Initialize path finder library
AGS: Load game data
Script link failed: Runtime error: unresolved import 'Character::ChangeRoom^4'
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Sslaxx on Sun 26/01/2014 14:32:00
Dunno if anyone else has tried it, but the game doesn't seem to be working with the (as of typing) latest Git revision of the Linux runtime:

Script link failed: Runtime error: unresolved import 'Character::ChangeRoom^4'

I am 99% sure this game is built with Alan's Draconian edition. It is currently incompatible with ags 3.3.0, nor its ports.
I believe we will deal with those incompatibilities in the further update (like 3.3.1).

KodiakBehr

I'm afraid Crimson Wizard is right about that, Sslaxx.

KodiakBehr

Conspirocracy has been nominated for Best AGS Game of 2013, so we're celebrating by extending the sale for another few weeks.

CaptainD

Firstly, congrats on the nomination! ;-D

Secondly, LostTrainDude did a nice review of this game for my site - http://www.indiegamenews.com/2014/02/indie-adventure-game-review.html

Janos Biro

Will the demo be ready before the end of January?
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

KodiakBehr

Quote from: janosbiro on Sun 09/02/2014 05:15:16
Will the demo be ready before the end of January?

Well, it's February 9th today, so I'm pretty sure we can't make that promise.  We've got the whole team tied up working on a new project presently, so we haven't put much thought into producing a demo.  We have instead elected to price the game very competitively (it's on sale for less than the price of a coffee and a donut, and if that seems unreasonable for a game released without a demo, we're also offering free copies to anyone who messages me with a request in the most bureaucratic way possible.

There's also a Let's Play that should give you a sense of how the game feels.

LostTrainDude's review was a delight to read, thank you for featuring it CaptainD!

Janos Biro

Oops, sorry for the mistake. I meant before the end of the 75% discount. Thanks for your answer anyway. I'm very interested in playing this game.
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Crimson Wizard

FYI Sslaxx, and anyone else interested, Linux users may build from "develop-3.3.1" branch (lowest compatible commit: e3dcf485309164b861fcb26a6a85cf989894561b). The build will be partially compatible with the game. It should be possible to play Conspiocracy, however you won't be able to use saved games from original version of Conspiocracy (and vice versa) at this moment (and frankly it's hard to tell how easy that may be solved).
I don't want to post too much unrelated technical information in the game thread, so please discuss any arising problems in "development" section of the forum.

Sorry for offtopic :)
Nice looking game, btw, just bought it, will play.

KodiakBehr

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 10/02/2014 21:31:31
Nice looking game, btw, just bought it, will play.

Thanks.  It's a bit divisive.  Some people love it, some people completely hate it.  I think we all see it for what it is, have learned a lot from our design mistakes, and are working hard to build something to a higher standard.

Stupot

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Mon 10/02/2014 23:10:15
some people completely hate it.
Some people are numpties.

Ionias

Looks good, myself however, I'm still waiting on a playable demo before I can make the decision to purchase. I hesitate to request a free copy or even purchase for a reduced price. It just doesn't feel right. I like supporting the point and click industry, the AGS specific games even more so.

Stupot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk