Captain Disaster in The Dark Side of the Moon - NOW ON STEAM 18.05.20!

Started by CaptainD, Mon 12/08/2013 23:05:11

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

I know this is a really old thread :shocked:, but I have finally finished voicing the entire thing. 

On the GameJolt page, make sure you download the TALKIE VERSION build.  Enjoy!

(Zip file is 54Mb.)

Slasher

Hooray (laugh)

more vocal talents from the capt (nod)

Great news mate and not before time...(laugh)

Mandle

Grabbing it right now!

Funny how the things we lightly call "polish" can take years, eh? If you actually polished something for that long you'd probably wear right through it.

EDIT:

Just spent a very pleasant 3 hours playing through the game!

I expected to be replaying a classic AGS game, but with voice acting, but was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that I have never actually played it before 8-0

I know right?!

I guess that every time I looked for a new AGS game to play I skipped over this one, assuming that I'd already played it...

So, thank God you released the Talkie version, or I might never have played what is now on my list of best AGS games!

Your voice is also spot-on for the Red Dwarf/Hitchhikers' Guide tone of the game, and your American accent for Floyd is delightfully all over the place, which weirdly fits his character as a malfunctioning AI...(Intentional, I'm sure...)

GREAT game which kept a smile on my face the whole while playing!

CaptainD

@Slasher - thanks man! :cheesy:
@Shaun - thanks, timing it to come out when all the AdventureJam games were released was really smart of me, right?! :grin:
@Mandle - glad you enjoyed it!  Er... about my American accent... um... yeah, of course it was intentional!  Yeah.  (Oh help, Slasher persuaded me to voice an American character in one of his games... !!) :shocked:

Just in case anyone needs it, I've posted a walkthrough.

CaptainD

Sorry for the necropost but I've been experimenting with a video editor recently, with the result that I've finally made a trailer for the game.

Slasher

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 22/09/2017 17:44:26
Sorry for the necropost but I've been experimenting with a video editor recently, with the result that I've finally made a trailer for the game.
You've done a pretty good job Capt (nod)

CaptainD

Sorry for the necropost but this game is also finally coming to Steam!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1305500/Captain_Disaster_in_The_Dark_Side_of_the_Moon/

You can wishlist now, releasing on 18th May 2020.

CaptainD

Captain Disaster in: The Dark Side of the Moon now has Steam achievements!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1305500/Captain_Disaster_in_The_Dark_Side_of_the_Moon/

This will both open the Trophy Room as usual and add all your Steam achievements.

Please note - the game only adds Steam achievements when you visit the Trophy Room, not during the game itself.

[EDIT - sorry it seems old saved games won't work.]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk