20 years of Take a Break

Started by Ciro Durán, Thu 02/11/2023 21:56:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciro Durán

Hey, it's been a while since I've been in these forums! Last week, but 20 years ago, I posted Take a Break, a game I made to the Internet for the first time, here in the AGS forums.

So for the occasion I wrote a few words on my website, and I also streamed a full playthrough of Take a Break. It was a really nice experience to play a game I hadn't seen in quite a while. I remember a few things on how to solve the puzzles, but it did take me a while to figure it all out. I was also very amused at my skills at writing in English in 2003 :) I also had very good comments while playing: at the time what I posted I considered it a demo, but because I didn't continue working on it, the demo became the full game. I lost the source with a hard drive failure, sadly, so the binary is all what is left of it. That, and the miracle that Windows can still run it 20 years later. Not even Adobe Flash can say that!

I wanted to express my admiration at the efforts made to preserve the contents of these forums. I may not read them as often as I used to, but I remember them as a good thing. Preserving the Internet is a very difficult task, so for me to be able to read my posts from then is a really nice thing. Kudos!

Ciro Durán

Look at that! Durán is misencoded as Durán, I love it. 2 out of 3 links in my signature still work (although elchiguire.com should seamlessly redirect to https://www.elchiguireliterario.com). A shame that bigbluecup dot com is no longer with us.

I am no longer in Caracas, Venezuela, I have not lived there for 10 years. I am living now in the UK.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk