Downtime

Started by Peder 🚀, Sat 04/01/2014 12:34:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Hey guys, sorry for the downtime today! According to my host provider they had a power failure, I'll post more details once the provider releases it (if anyone is interested, I am!).

If you notice anything not working as it should, please notify me on the AGSA irc: http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=109d81dd07e2dd864c47bab9900506fa&server=irc.agsarchives.com&channel=%23ags

Quote from: fasthosts.co.uk
Current: Network Issue
Issue opened: Saturday 4th January 2014 at 14:12
Earlier this morning, we experienced a brief interruption of primary power to our sites due to an external infrastructure issue. Our datacentres switched over to UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) power whilst our backup generators started up for prolonged backup power. Mains power to the site returned after a few moments, however although power was quickly fully restored to both datacentres we experienced a network issue that occurred as a result of this interruption to service.

This affected all Fasthosts services. Including our communication systems and status page.

Our engineers have already restored many of our services, however some services are still offline and investigation is ongoing. We will continue to update this status page as further information becomes available, and a full root cause analysis will be carried out.

We would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologise for the disruption this has caused, and to thank you for your patience.

Most recent update on Saturday 4th January 2014 at 17:27:
Issues for those on Exchange 2010 mailboxes have been resolved for most users, however a small number of users will still be unable to access their mailboxes. This is still being investigated, and we will update you once this has been resolved.

Our shared web platform is back online, however some sites that use MySQL will still appear to be down, this will most likely be a problem with the database server, and not the webserver. Any customers having problems with static sites on our shared platform should contact support by phone or email.

Our engineers have powered on all dedicated servers reported to be offline. A small number of servers however will have no network connectivity, which our engineers are aware of and are working urgently to resolve. Again, we will update this page once this has been resolved.

We thank you once again for your patience, and apologise for any disruption caused.

Update on Saturday 4th January 2014 at 15:43:
We are still experiencing some problems with email services and FTP directories. Our engineers are aware of this and have started investigating these problems. Further updates will be provided when available.

We appreciate your continued patience.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk