don't widdle those buttons

Started by selmiak, Sun 23/03/2014 03:38:25

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

Cool!

Quote from: Khris on Mon 24/03/2014 14:01:01
Try holding down both the volume down and power button.

really? My power button does nothing but shut down the screen, not capture it, also not in combination with any other button.

Khris

I assumed you have an Android phone, that's the standard combination to take a screenshot. Works fine for me in any situation.

selmiak

Teh buttonz! Tehy do nuthing! 8-0

...maybe if I hold it in front of the mirror and take a picture of teh screenz...!

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Khris on Mon 24/03/2014 22:02:41
I assumed you have an Android phone, that's the standard combination to take a screenshot. Works fine for me in any situation.
I've had several Android phones now and I've never heard of volume down and power button, but perhaps that's only with onscreen buttons or a capacitive touch home button. With my current phone, it's pressing the home button while pressing the power button. The previous method I had to take a screenshot was to slide the side of my hand against the screen (it was a severe pain in the ass and oftentimes merely scrolled or pressed things instead of taking a screenshot), the way I learned about this method was rubbing my hand along the screen to clean it.

Khris

Manufacturers tend to put custom Android versions on their phones, so ymmv. For me, regardless which 4.x version I had, it was always Volume Down + Power, and googling this confirmed it, basically (a, b).
I can also hold down power, then select Screenshot from the menu.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Khris on Tue 25/03/2014 04:48:53
I can also hold down power, then select Screenshot from the menu.
Now that's something I had always hoped Android would have, at least for the folks who don't know the shortcuts for their phones. So it's good to see at least one manufacturer does this.

Cassiebsg

Used only 3 buttons, left, up and right... and near the end down once (thought I was dead at the time, but managed to save it.. :D
Wonder if I can do more... Just realized I clipped the score: 20188.

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Atelier

This is so addictive and still can't manage to get 2048. Got to 1024 quite a few times though.

I just use left, right, down, and up when I have to. Any strategies?

CaptainD

Congrats Cassiebsg!!  Might have to have another attempt myself now...

tzachs

Mother, I am finally a man!

I started off with the advice not to use the up key, and what worked best for me was building a pyramid. The highest number always goes to the bottom right corner, and his second & third in command go one cube up and one to the left, and so on...
Whenever something is wrong in the pyramid, I do my best to fix it, almost ignoring everything else that goes on in the screen.

Atelier

Now I can eat and sleep again!

More efficient = lower score.

Wyz

Such simplicity to understand, such complexity to master, such addictive. Brilliant! :D

Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

selmiak

Sinitrena

selmiak

Cassiebsg

Awesome! So IT is possible! :D
Congrats Sinitrena!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Andail

http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/georgian-dream-edition/

I scored 3128 on the Georgian dream edition 2048, and got to the tile with a big park.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk