Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Thanks for all of your support! Because of you, Tardigrades has been Greenlit! <3

In our understanding of time, it is the year 20,000 BC where civilizations are about to discover galactic travel through the latest technology of their time. Earth was different back then. The deserts of south Egypt and Ethiopia are green and full of advanced technology.

Carter is a botanist at the space station Marsi-3 orbiting Jupiter. Along with his girlfriend Alex, and your guidance, they might be able to witness their civilization shifting into a higher type.

Game Info:
Resolution: 640x400 32bit
Music: Midi
Sound effects: MP3 (All self recorded and constructed)
Full Speech.

'Tardigrades' can be finished with different ways, there are two possible endings and 10s of ways to complete its puzzles. Each time the game starts is guaranteed to be a new experience due to some events and puzzles triggered randomly at any time of the gameplay. The story depends on your attitude in dialogs, tasks, choices and/or random events. So basically you'd be writing the story of the game.

The story has a plot twist and deals with slavery, secrecy, espionage and other issues that are too early to reveal at this stage of production.

Screenshots:

Captain's Log:
[May 8th 2014]

Scripting 10%
Graphics 5%
Audio 0%
Music 10%
Story 100%
Puzzles      10%

Teaser #1:

[embed=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S1bRyZ0vhk[/embed]

UPDATE #2
[July 12th 2014]

UPDATE #3
[August 1st 2014]

UPDATE #4
[August 24th 2014]

UPDATE #5
[September 21st 2014]

UPDATE #6
[November 5th 2014]

UPDATE #7
[November 20th 2014]

UPDATE #8
[December 18th 2014]

UPDATE #9
[January 18th 2015]

UPDATE #10
[February 11th 2015]

UPDATE #11
[March 23rd 2015]

UPDATE #12
[June 20th 2015]

UPDATE #13
[July 17th 2015]

UPDATE #14
[August 26th 2015]

UPDATE #15
[September 28th 2015]

UPDATE #16
[November 11th 2015]

UPDATE #17
[December 10th 2015]

UPDATE #18
[January 18th 2016]

UPDATE #19
[May 9th 2016]

UPDATE #20
[June 3rd 2016]

© All rights reserved.

Giraffadon

Wow! This looks Epic in every sense of the word.

Loving the Vivaldi in the trailer aswell.

Good luck with it. :)

CaptainD

Looks good, and an interesting plot. ;)

AnasAbdin

Giraffadon: Thanks for the kind words ;-D I couldn't think of a better music to use for the video :-D

CaptainD: Thanks!

Gribbler

Looks very promising! Has a sort of unique Space Odyssey vibe to it. Good luck with the production!

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Gribbler on Thu 08/05/2014 19:16:13
Looks very promising! Has a sort of unique Space Odyssey vibe to it. Good luck with the production!

Thanks! Is it the floating obelisk around Jupiter? :P

Cassiebsg

This looks awesome! And so my favorite theme, Space!! :)

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Looks good, mate. Best of luck getting it done :-)

AnasAbdin

Thanks Cassiebsg & Stupot+ for the kind words :) best of luck

AprilSkies

Wow! this game could make me crazy! It looks terrific!
You're doing a great work.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Gurok

Amazing screenshots. Ancient humanity with super advanced technology has always been one of those semi-believable premises. I think Chariots of the Gods had many examples of religious artefacts that could be explained away as technology. It will be interesting to see how you handle active pyramids/ziggurats and the purpose of the various fixtures within. Good luck! You've got me interested!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AnasAbdin

Thanks AprilSkies I hope I finish it soon for you :) Your games are awesome I enjoyed them :)

Gurok: Thanks for the kind words! Maybe the 'ancients' didn't have the devices and rockets we use now, but that doesn't mean they didn't have the technology to explore space!

arj0n

Looking nice and interesting AnasAbdin!

AnasAbdin

Thanks Arj0n I hope you try the finished game too ;-D

Problem

Yay, this looks like something I want to play! Very interesting theme and nice style. :)

AnasAbdin

Thank you Problem. I loved your work in Conspirocracy :) Would be glad to see more of your work as well  :-D

Problem

Thanks! I'm really curious how you'll approach the "ancient civilization" theme. And I guess I should add Anastronaut to my ever growing 'to play' list, I completely missed that one.

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 10/05/2014 15:24:23
Would be glad to see more of your work as well  :-D
You will, there are several projects in the works. And you might want to check out the AGS Bake Sale. :) [/offtopic]

frenzykitty

This looks, in a word, SPECTACULAR!

Mandle

I was waving my arms around towards the end of the overture in the vid...

Already thought I was playing the actual game itself!

MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

frenzykitty

Things like this remind me why I love sci fi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk