Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

UPDATE #9.5
[January 24th 2015]

Enhanced a background that drove me crazy every time I opened AGS to work... From now on, no more far viewed locations. Still two more to be changed hopefully this weekend.

The cancelled background:

replaced by this:

Little story behind it here.

Cassiebsg

As good as the canceled BG is, it's just looks "weak" when compared with the new! 8-0
That is just beautiful! And that water looks awesome! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

NickyNyce

Wow, I love it. The first reminded me of Prometheus, when they board the ship during the storm, but the second one is better.

Maybe you could slow the water animation by one or 2 though, seems a touch fast.

Keep up the great work, I'm so looking forward to this.

Fitz

Yeah, the new one seems way more balanced. I liked the mountains in the old one, but the landscape itself felt weird with the uneven distribution of rocks: too cluttered in the background and very empty in the foreground. And then there's the base. The new one's all kinds of awesome -- it's massive, with nice little details and good lighting choices (I like the red-blue-yellow triad). And I love the water f/x!

Hobo

The new version is certainly an improvement and that water sure looks gorgeous.

Quote from: NickyNyce on Sat 24/01/2015 10:51:09
Maybe you could slow the water animation by one or 2 though, seems a touch fast.
This fast animation could just be a gif thing, I'm guessing it looks smoother and slower in the game.

AnasAbdin

Cassiebsg: Thanks! Glad you liked both of them (laugh)

NickyNyce & Hobo: Thanks for the kind words! And the water is indeed slower in the game, like Hobo said it's a gif thing.. but spot on advice ;)

Fitz: The game mentions the location as a methane storage facility which is already prepared for ships to land and take off, vehicles to move... so they already moved some rocks and prepared the place :P I really loved your points about the lighting and that EXACTLY what was going on my mind while choosing the balance of the colors.

CaptainD: Thanks mate! Prepare your vocals for a teaser :-D 8-)

Just for the record, the lake is liquid ethane. The temperature on Titan is about −179.5 °C 8-0

Lasca

The composition of the new one is so much better. Really beautiful work!!

shaun9991

The new background is gorgeous Anas, great work!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

AnasAbdin

Thanks Lasca & shaun9991 :) Coming from great gamedevs like you is really awesome!

AnasAbdin

UPDATE #10
[February 11th 2015]

Completed all puzzles and their alternatives in the ship Marsi-3 and its surroundings of Jovian space until reaching Titan. Many of the events on Titan depend on what the player does earlier and the other characters' moods. Here is a screenie from Marsi-3's shower room:

and a bonus gameplay demo: (tried my best not to show spoilers or puzzles solve)

[embed=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4IXd7iuGps[/embed]

I will prepare a new character to show in the next few days :)

Anshinin

I love a lot of the background art for this one, really pretty looking :grin: Gave you a nice big yes and favorite'd it for you! Good luck getting it on there dude .

NickyNyce

This just keeps getting better and better. Great video, looks like fun.

*rubbing hands together*

AnasAbdin

Thanks for the kind words and support Anshinin 8-) Good luck to you too on your project. Looks fun and I've supported it. Getting your project on steam is only a step in some direction. It's not THE direction if you know what i mean :)

NickyNyce Thanks!
*puts gun powder in your hands* :P

Slasher

Looking good so far AnasAbdin... keep up the good work (nod)

arj0n

AprilSkies

Your getting better and better and better! Keep up the good work, mate!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AnasAbdin

Thanks guys for the kind words :) Really means a lot from such great game makers like you.

AnasAbdin

UPDATE #10.5
[February 18th 2015]

As promised a few days ago, have you met Ty?

Ty is responsible for the storage of the metallic ammonium in the silos on Titan. Making sure the conditions are perfect for the metal is not an easy task due to the gravity weakness of the Saturnian moon. Ty is Aziz's boyfriend. Born and raised on Mercury. He is more of a fan of colder climates since he spent most of his childhood on the cold dark side of Mercury. His application to join the crew of Marsi-3 was rejected due to an incident that is clearly stated on his record. He managed to get a job on Titan instead.

More about Ty on the blog.

A screenie:

and a teaser :P

[embed=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UutzbJkZ5PI[/embed]

shaun9991

Just keeps getting better Anas :) That last trailer is so mysterious
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk