Tardigrades ©

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 08/05/2014 17:29:56

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Thanks slasher really heartwarming words :-[
I am content with the progress so far. Yes I am taking more time than I should, but if I didn't take my time you wouldn't be seeing the quality (I hope) that you are seeing now. The prison mate bunk-bed climbing scene from the previous screenshot took hours to complete even though it's only 9 frames. No need to mention how much time is spent on cut-scenes. That's graphically speaking, there's the coding part (which I'm still requesting some help with) and of course the music takes several days to complete a whole track using simple midi tools.

I will not deliver Tardigrades until it's completely worth being played by you all :-*

Two Tales

When the day comes...there is absolutely no doubt that I'll be playing it!

AnasAbdin

Two Tales thanks! Same here, I can't tell you how your projects inspire me (nod)

Gurok

There is such tremendous quality to this whole production. I've got to say, it sounds like a very action-packed storyline and that's great for an adventure. I've been looking through the animations you've posted here and on Twitter. I've got to say, I don't know anybody who animates water better than Anas. I like the rain effect in that last animation too. Just beautiful.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

CrashPL

True, it's always exciting to see your new animations on my twitter feed. :D They're just so gorgeously crafted, it's really pleasing to the eye.

And yes, nothing can top your water effects, absolutely nothing.

AnasAbdin

Thanks Gurok and CrashPL! Your support push me to work harder on AGS (laugh) :-*

AnasAbdin

I wrote a blog post about Star Trek Discovery and Tardigrades, solely to clarify my original ideas and that I haven't stolen any of the Tardigrades space travel concept.

Stupot

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 18/10/2017 20:48:02
I wrote a blog post about Star Trek Discovery and Tardigrades, solely to clarify my original ideas and that I haven't stolen any of the Tardigrades space travel concept.
Wow. That is an uncanny resemblance to your game. I'm no lawyer but I think you've been genuinely ripped off.

Cassiebsg

Uhm... >:(
And you, as the little guy, releasing the game after the show will be the one labeled as a "rip off"... :~(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Since I've neither played your game nor seen Star Trek: Discovery, it's hard to say for certain but I doubt that having a diverse space crew or space travel involving blue glow is enough to call either one a ripoff of the other. If anything, the trailers and screenshots I've seen remind me much more of Stargate than of Star Trek.

AnasAbdin

Click'd

Do you think the Star Trek bigwigs were reading this thread? :confused:

shaun9991

I think it's highly likely that writers etc scan the internet for ideas and inspiration for episodes. I suspect they have indeed ripped you off :( Are you going to reach out to them?
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Darth Mandarb

Some of the early scripts/drafts for Rogue One A Star Wars Story were a direct rip-off of my early AGS game attempt Rebel Spy: A Prelude to Hope. Even the planet name was the same. The final version wasn't such a close match but still.

So I think it can and does happen and it certainly appears to have happened here.

There's probably nothing you can do about it, sadly, except maybe toss some shade on CBS (which they deserve).

Click'd

Let's hope he doesn't get sued. They would win because they can afford more lawyers.

Creamy

I'd hate to sound like an ass but the plagiarism is not so clear-cut to me from what I grasp (haven't watched STD).
Aren't the actors your typical US series cast?
Tardigrades can survive in space and are also known as "space bears". Is it so amazing to find them in a sci-fi work? Using them for exploration purposes should not come as such a surprise, given they can be found everywhere on earth and survive extreme conditions.

This thread has been a constant source of amazement to me for years and I notice only now that I've never commented before. Maybe I'm an ass after all :P

AnasAbdin

Thanks all for the opinions and comments :)

eri0o

Hey @AnasAbdin , I started watchin the new Star Trek today, and wow. Been silently following your game and it was a weird watch seeing Tardigrades in tv show form. 8-0

AnasAbdin

Thanks eri0o :) The main question here is could two people think of giant blue Tardigrades being used for instantaneous space travel? If two people having this idea is one in a billion, then adding the similar characters to the equation draws many suspicions. Yes, any show can have gay characters, but in this case of the common giant blue Tardigrades, why are the gay couple looking the same too? (Bearded man with an ethnicity background and a very blonde boyfriend). Not to mention that the show hinted that one of the gay characters has a long distance relationship with a 'friend' on another federation ship.

If you break down the questions into individual ones, someone may call it a rare coincidence. But this is too much.

Note that my Tardigrades game's devlog here, on my blog, my YouTube promo videos and every other social media outlet I use have dates that cannot be forged. And still I get threats that I will get sued and have my game's production cancelled.

Click'd

You can always rename it to "Space Bears" and switch the tardigrades with actual bears, fur and all. (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk