Appointment with Death (first game)

Started by Jimi, Tue 25/03/2003 19:40:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimi

This is my first game: Appointment with Death.
"You play a cop who has just been sacked. You think the day can't get any worse.....how wrong you are! When terrorists take over the police depatment building, you are left to stop them."

It isn't the best game, but it's my first!  ;D I know the artwork isn't too good, but it was more to get used to AGS. Hope you like it!

**Edit**
for some reason, if you click the link, it shows this thread, so right click, then save target as...

Download it here:
                           http://www.freewebs.com/jimi_hendrix/AWD.zip

--Jimi-- ;)

x0z

Barcik

Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Jimi

It's only 748 Kb (or something) so it won't take long!

MadReizka

Hey Jimi! I am looking foward to see a good game! Downloading!
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

Jimi

Hey! You have an avetar! Great!  :D

Squinky

I can't download it man....server error...

Barcik

Finished.
Well, it's decent but it does have some obvious flaws. One sec I got fired, next I start shooting people in toilets and I have no damn idea why. Same goes for the puzzles: I don't know what to do, and when I do find out it seems quite illogical.

Also, is there actually a way to get 100 points?

Bug:
[hint]When I looked at the body in the inventory, game crushed[/hint].

MadReizka

Quote from: Jimi on Tue 25/03/2003 20:01:10
Hey! You have an avetar! Great!  :D

My avatar is ugly.

BTW, the game was really nice. I liked, reminds me about the old sierra games. Liked a much!
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

delta

Strange. This thread has only been up for a day and its already more popular than mine. Whats so special about this one?

Barcik

Maybe if you do more games that are actually 'finishable'....

;)

delta

LOL My game too hard??

It is finishable. If you've found another bug, report it. Did you download the new version?

Jimi

I KNEW there was some thing! I forgot to change the 100 to 20! "D'oh!" I will also fix that bug and add you to my credits...thanks!

Joacim Andersson

I've found a bug:
Spoiler
When you use the granade on the terrorist on the toilet and then look at him in the inventory the game aborts with an error message.

BTW. Is there any alternative ending to this game besides throughing the terrorist down the stairs? Is there a way of getting in to the supply room? Is there any use for the gum? Is there a way to walk down the stairs, as the dialog suggests?
[close]

auhsor

The file was not found on the server... Hmm, guess  i cant play it yet

Joacim Andersson

Quote from: AuHS0r on Tue 01/04/2003 06:00:15
The file was not found on the server... Hmm, guess  i cant play it yet

Right click the link and click "Save target as..."

frobozz

So, um, why can't you even mention to your replacement that there're terrorists lurking around the building?  That seems like a very logical thing for somebody to bring up in conversation instead of just chatting while people outside the door are planting bombs and whatnot.

Also, I'd suggest getting a proofreader for when you update the game next.  There are a few silly mistakes (eg. their/there/they're) around..

-Fro.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk