Speed Buggy: Manifold Destiny

Started by Michael2968, Tue 30/09/2014 13:24:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael2968

I am having a problem figuring out what to do next in the game. I have put the
Spoiler
3 life preservers and the fan on speed buggy. I've cut a hole in the hot tub cover and pulled the tube down that is next to the hot tub and opened the pac man game and got the wire.
[close]
I would appreciate if anyone could give me any hints about what to do next.

Thanks,
Michael

Shadow1000

Quote from: Michael2968 on Tue 30/09/2014 13:24:35
I am having a problem figuring out what to do next in the game. I have put the
Spoiler
3 life preservers and the fan on speed buggy. I've cut a hole in the hot tub cover and pulled the tube down that is next to the hot tub and opened the pac man game and got the wire.
[close]
I would appreciate if anyone could give me any hints about what to do next.

Thanks,
Michael

There's quite a bit you can do still. I'm not sure what else you've tried but here are a few hints:

Spoiler

- wrap the wire around the tire iron
- get the hockey puck
- get the pipe near the hot tub
- get the fan
[close]

I don't want to say much more but hopefully that will give you a boost.

SHADOW

shaguar

Hi,

great game so far but i'm stuck at the organ.
Spoiler

Found eqipment, fiddled with the organ pipe. (pieces)
Team says "no solid escape plan"
I'm totally out of options. Nothing seems to combine into anything.
[close]

Text speed could be 20 percent slower. I'm from germany and my english is quite ok, but reading and evaluating the text takes that bit more time.

Shadow1000

Quote from: shaguar on Wed 01/10/2014 01:42:12
Hi,

great game so far but i'm stuck at the organ.
Spoiler

Found eqipment, fiddled with the organ pipe. (pieces)
Team says "no solid escape plan"
I'm totally out of options. Nothing seems to combine into anything.
[close]

Text speed could be 20 percent slower. I'm from germany and my english is quite ok, but reading and evaluating the text takes that bit more time.

Spoiler
Go back to the cell and remove the table legs. Then take the table back to the room with the organ.
[close]

Let's see if that gets you any further.

SHADOW

shaguar

gosh .....     

I was like .... thinking i tried picking up the table ... like ... a thousand times. (laugh)
A really nice game worth to be continued.
Please think of the folks that are not native at english language and give the text a little more screentime everybody. Try playing the Barnrunner games for a good example of "too fast".

Cassiebsg

shaguar, you have my deepest understanding...

Mandle, you just made this game really hard. LOL
Even your all your clues, I can still not get past...
Spoiler

...the door maze!
Spoiler
How many times do I need to click on 2B before something happens!? Cause I'm really tired of clicking on it!
[close]
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 01/10/2014 19:44:04

Even your all your clues, I can still not get past...
Spoiler

...the door maze!
Spoiler
How many times do I need to click on 2B before something happens!? Cause I'm really tired of clicking on it!
[close]
[close]
Answer:
Spoiler
Click 2B once, then click 2C a bunch of times
[close]

SHADOW

Cassiebsg

Spoiler

Isn't that the opposite of what is written in the letter?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 01/10/2014 20:24:01
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
I'm so sorry! I was going by memory and I may have gotten it backward! I tried reloading my saved game but it crashes. You click the one on the right side ONCE and then the one on the left side repeatedly. You'll hear a voice and so on. But keep your eyes on top of the locked door. When it says "WELCOME" on top, that means it's unlocked. Once again, my apologies
[close]

SHADOW

Tabata

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 01/10/2014 20:24:01
Spoiler

[close]

Yupp - do it like it is told ...
Spoiler
... in the letter
[close]

Cassiebsg

Spoiler

oh... I was so tired by clicking the doors, that I missed the damn sign! Thought the room was going to change!
Need to click slower, so I don't get pass it again!
[close]

Thanks for the help! :)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 01/10/2014 21:19:58
Spoiler

oh... I was so tired by clicking the doors, that I missed the damn sign! Though the room was going to change!
Need to click slower, so I don't get pass it again!
[close]

Thanks for the help! :)

Welcome :)

SHADOW

CaptainD

Hmm... I've:
Spoiler
Got the 3 life preservers and fan fixed to the buggy, made a magnet to get the real quarter, fixed the cover and pipe to the table, used duct tape to fix the pipe and screws to fix the cover, but I can't work out what to do next.  Can't cut out from the cover, won't remove it... still says the air hockey table is on, not sure what else I need to do?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 02/10/2014 23:18:01
Hmm... I've:
Spoiler
Got the 3 life preservers and fan fixed to the buggy, made a magnet to get the real quarter, fixed the cover and pipe to the table, used duct tape to fix the pipe and screws to fix the cover, but I can't work out what to do next.  Can't cut out from the cover, won't remove it... still says the air hockey table is on, not sure what else I need to do?
[close]

Did you
Spoiler
smash the window?
[close]

SHADOW

CaptainD

Ah... yes I had, but only from the outside... thanks!

Got past the mini-game eventually... MANDLE I HATE YOU!!! :P

Michael2968

I am having a problem
Spoiler
figuring out what to do with the table in the cell. I have taken one of the legs off the table but I can't figure out what to do next.
[close]

Cassiebsg

Quote from: Michael2968 on Sat 04/10/2014 15:31:37
I am having a problem
Spoiler
figuring out what to do with the table in the cell. I have taken one of the legs off the table but I can't figure out what to do next.
[close]

Hint 1
Spoiler

Have you checked the speed buggy?
[close]

Hint 2
Spoiler

If so, those titanium bars aren't that flexible...
[close]

Solution:
Spoiler

You need the belt from the buggy, and use it on the door bars along with the table leg...
[close]
[/spoiler]

Michael2968

Thanks for your help Cassie. Now I need to know what to do in the
Spoiler
pipe organ room. I have the table from the dungeon and I have already gotten the toolbox and saw and used the saw to cut the pipe into small pieces. I know I am supposed to somehow use the table to jump out the window but I can't figure out the right angle.
[close]

Cassiebsg

Hint 1:
Spoiler

The buggy needs more power to make the jump... ;)
[close]

Hint 2
Spoiler

Consider upgrading the buggy... uhm... isn't this one the same hint as hint 1? :P
[close]

Solution
Spoiler

Use the pipes on the buggy.
[close]

Michael2968

Thanks again Cassie I appreciate the hints unfortunately I can't figure out how to
Spoiler
put the pipes on speed buggy. If I try it in the pipe organ room it says I don't have an escape plan and if I try it in the dungeon it says speed buggy can't get out the door with anything else attached to him.
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Michael2968 on Sun 05/10/2014 23:57:56
Thanks again Cassie I appreciate the hints unfortunately I can't figure out how to
Spoiler
put the pipes on speed buggy. If I try it in the pipe organ room it says I don't have an escape plan and if I try it in the dungeon it says speed buggy can't get out the door with anything else attached to him.
[close]

Spoiler
Have you made the table in the cell fall over yet?;)
[close]

Michael2968

Yes I've made the
Spoiler
table fall and I've taken it to the pipe organ room and clicked it on the window.
[close]

Mandle

Spoiler
I took this one to PM with Michael2968 and we figured out what the trouble was. It wasn't a bug or anything, thank goodness!
[close]

axxesfun

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 02/10/2014 23:20:53
Hmm... I've:
Spoiler
[close]

Did you
Spoiler
smash the window?
[close]

SHADOW

I already
Spoiler
smashed the window and the pipe is outside connected to the air hockey but cannot figure out what to to next. He always keeps sayings that its not the time to inflate the life preservers, since I am still missing a fourth one, which I cant see where to get another one.
[close]
I tried to combine all with everything else in my inventory and together with all the available hotspots, but still have no clue what to do next. Guess I missed something. Any small hint would be nice.

Mandle

Quote from: axxesfun on Sat 29/11/2014 11:53:35
Hmm... I've:
Spoiler
[close]

Did you
Spoiler
smash the window?
[close]

SHADOW

I already
Spoiler
smashed the window and the pipe is outside connected to the air hockey but cannot figure out what to to next. He always keeps sayings that its not the time to inflate the life preservers, since I am still missing a fourth one, which I cant see where to get another one.
[close]
I tried to combine all with everything else in my inventory and together with all the available hotspots, but still have no clue what to do next. Guess I missed something. Any small hint would be nice.

Small hint:
Spoiler
Does Speed Buggy have any way to propel himself on water yet?
[close]

Major Hint:
Spoiler
Speed Buggy needs a propeller attached to his rear to be able to move across the water
[close]

SPOILER HINT:
Spoiler
Once you have Speed Buggy as fully prepared as possible: with 3 lifesavers on him, the air-hose ready to pump them up, and the fan attached (all at one time) you should find you can progress in the game...
[close]

Oh, and thanks for playing the game and having enough patience with it to ask for hints. That makes me very happy! ;-D

axxesfun

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 29/11/2014 12:27:33
Quote from: axxesfun on Sat 29/11/2014 11:53:35
Hmm... I've:
Spoiler
[close]

Did you
Spoiler
smash the window?
[close]

SHADOW

I already
Spoiler
[close]

Small hint:
Spoiler
Does Speed Buggy have any way to propel himself on water yet?
[close]

Major Hint:
Spoiler
Speed Buggy needs a propeller attached to his rear to be able to move across the water
[close]

SPOILER HINT:
Spoiler
Once you have Speed Buggy as fully prepared as possible: with 3 lifesavers on him, the air-hose ready to pump them up, and the fan attached (all at one time) you should find you can progress in the game...
[close]

Oh, and thanks for playing the game and having enough patience with it to ask for hints. That makes me very happy! ;-D

Everything is exactly as you say, however I still cant make any progress.
Spoiler
I cant use the air-hose on the speed-buggy, not on the fan, not on the livesavers, nor on the hood...
[close]

Cassiebsg

Maybe posting what you have on inventory might give us a clue on what might be missing?

axxesfun

UPDATE... I figured it out, BUT...

Spoiler
It was -IS- not quite obviously to me why the lifesavers need to be placed onto specific places. There are 4 wheel spots in total and just only because I did not place them on the RIGHT 3 wheels, I could not progress. Also there was no clue for placing or swap them into the other wheel slots.
[close]

Well, guess I can progress now... Nice game, that I really enjoy so far, except for this small misleading feature. And thanks for your kind support!

Mandle

Quote from: axxesfun on Sat 29/11/2014 13:07:41
UPDATE... I figured it out, BUT...

Spoiler
It was -IS- not quite obviously to me why the lifesavers need to be placed onto specific places. There are 4 wheel spots in total and just only because I did not place them on the RIGHT 3 wheels, I could not progress. Also there was no clue for placing or swap them into the other wheel slots.
[close]

Well, guess I can progress now... Nice game, that I really enjoy so far, except for this small misleading feature. And thanks for your kind support!

Hmmmm...

Spoiler
I clearly remember testing the game with the lifesavers on different wheel slot combinations, and in fact the way the code works is simply that it adds 1 to a single variable each time any slot is added and subtracts 1 each time any slot is removed. The game code does not actually know the combination of in which slot each lifesaver has been placed, and so has no way to check for that. I think it's more likely that you achieved one of the other flags for making Debbie and Mark reappear in the meanwhile and that gave the illusion that the lifesavers combination is vital.

Did you happen to add the fan to Speed Buggy or complete the air-pipe to air-hose rig
Spoiler
using the hockey puck
[close]
in the meanwhile?

In other words: the 3 lifesavers can be on Speed Buggy in any combination of wheel slots and it will still work fine.
[close]

Hope you continue to have fun with the game!

axxesfun

Finished the game.

Spoiler
Yes, the fan was placed with the 3 wheels and I could not progress... as far as I remember, it only worked out when I moved one lifesaver onto the top right wheel slot. (so you may please test again without any lifesaver on the top right wheel) However, it could be that I noticed another similar effect within the organ room: There we do have two windows, oposite to each other, and on the right one it was impossible to place the table ramp, it only worked on the left one.
[close]

Nice & entertaining... congrats!

Mandle

Quote from: axxesfun on Sat 29/11/2014 14:11:56
Finished the game.

Spoiler
Yes, the fan was placed with the 3 wheels and I could not progress... as far as I remember, it only worked out when I moved one lifesaver onto the top right wheel slot. (so you may please test again without any lifesaver on the top right wheel) However, it could be that I noticed another similar effect within the organ room: There we do have two windows, oposite to each other, and on the right one it was impossible to place the table ramp, it only worked on the left one.
[close]

Nice & entertaining... congrats!

Thanks for the kind words...So glad you enjoyed the game...

Spoiler
I believe with the windows that the game should tell you that a possible takeoff angle cannot be achieved for that window when you click on the right-hand one.
[close]

alahuin

Just started this excellent game and cannot figure how to get into the mansion. A little help please

Mandle

Quote from: alahuin on Tue 14/12/2021 20:38:23
Just started this excellent game and cannot figure how to get into the mansion. A little help please

If you mean the "maze":

Spoiler
the last bit of the letter is actually a hidden set of directions
[close]

And cheers for the good word on the game.

alahuin

Thanks Mandle, looking now. more games like this please...

alahuin

After an hour of head scratching, pixel hunting, several cups of tea and cleaning my glasses twice I am still standing outside the manor gates! About to take a vallium! LOL...Arghhhh

Mandle

Quote from: alahuin on Wed 15/12/2021 14:52:01
After an hour of head scratching, pixel hunting, several cups of tea and cleaning my glasses twice I am still standing outside the manor gates! About to take a vallium! LOL...Arghhhh

Did you
Spoiler
open the back door of the van and find the letter yet?
[close]

alahuin

Mandle

alahuin

Yes but still can't figure how to get away from the manor gates

alahuin

Sorted thank you.. Brain fart over.. had a senior moment there..Sorry to bother you,,Cheers..

Mandle

Quote from: alahuin on Wed 15/12/2021 22:44:01
Sorted thank you.. Brain fart over.. had a senior moment there..Sorry to bother you,,Cheers..

Okay, glad to hear. Hope you have fun with the rest of the game.

alahuin

Finished the game..Brilliant! Thank you Mandle 

Mandle

Quote from: alahuin on Thu 16/12/2021 13:22:49
Finished the game..Brilliant! Thank you Mandle 

Very happy to hear you had fun. I think it is not bad considering I made it in just a few weeks and without too much experience with the AGS engine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk