Self

Started by Gord10, Sat 11/10/2014 22:03:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Gord10

Update:
This game is completed :) Please see this thread.

----
Self is a psychological horror adventure game about the nightmarish world of a self-loathing man. The game is like an espresso; short, but intense. The story is definitely for adults who can endure playing a game about self-harm. It will be a freeware game.

In-game screenshots

Cutscene screenshots

Story
"It has been a long time since "time" lost its meaning. And space, too, between these four rusty walls those became united whole with my soul.

Some things begin to lose their meanings when you hate yourself to death. Your successes, loved ones, possessions... All those remain are the crimes you committed and their disgraces now. No harm you give yourself is not severe enough to subdue your guiltiness."

Technical
It's made with pre-rendered 3D scenes (Source engine) and 2D game engine (Adventure Game Studio). 3D textures and models from leading Source games (Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Left 4 Dead) and FakeFactory Cinematic Mod are used while creating the rendered scenes. Garry's Mod also has been quite useful.

AGS's source codes has been modified so that it will support changing the audio clip playing speed in-game. That has been used for increasing/decreasing the speed of music at various scenes.

What's left?
- English translation (%95)
- Proofreading
- Beta testing

Release date
Before the 20th of October, 2014.
You can follow the game from GameJolt or Aslan Game Studio's Facebook page (yep, it's my indie studio).
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Adeel

Excellent! I really wanted to play this type of game for days. Glad to know that it will be free! :cheesy:

Good luck!

Frodo

Love the look of these screenshots.

Excited to play this game.  Good luck Gord.  :grin:

Mozesh

Hey man it's great to see something like this coming from you again. It has been a while since LITN.

If you need any help with beta testing, I'm up for it. :smiley:

selmiak

This looks very intriguing! Keep us posted on your progress please!

Gord10

Thank you, everyone :)

Progress update:
Game is currently in beta. I am still looking for proofreaders. Game text is really not long, but it has to be proofreaded till the 20th of Oct.

Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Secret Fawful

Oh man, I was just thinking about Lost in the Nightmare the other day. I'm so glad you're still making games!

Saurabh

SilverSpook

Looks exceptional!  I get all warm fuzzy nostalgia bubbling up from my junior high Resident Evil 1 days, looking at the first couple pics.  Back when controls were accidentally (or intentionally?) really difficult and clumsy which made it infinitely more freaky to run into zombies.  Kind of the Paranormal Activity / Blair Witch effect where lo-fidelity has the effect of increasing the fear factor?

Really look forward to this!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk