Indiana Jones and the Gold of Genghis Khan - English/Italian

Started by Gabarts, Wed 24/12/2014 18:09:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabarts

I solved by myself one hell of a bug, that of the missing interactions. Many others problems corrected and changed some puzzles. I'll upload soon the new game files. The problem was a missing
Code: ags
else Unhandled();
basically...

Gabarts

BETA Version 2.0 Changelog

- Fixed some text mistakes (italian version)
- Fixed character+panel and items interaction bug
- Improved puzzle design (Venice)
- Fixed Globalscript debug command keys

Thanks to all the beta-testers and HAPPY NEW YEAR! (roll)

Crosco

Thank you for providing this game! I enjoyed the Indy-adventure atmosphere and the lovely character paintings. (nod)

Some things I noticed during playing:
- Pixel hunting (especially wallet, apple, rhododendron)
- Interaction GUI didn't hide during dialog speeches
- Room changing didn't work every time because of curious borders (character was outside of room 1 but stayed in the room)
- Some room changing areas miss mouse over text (for example street entries in Venedig)
- Fruit seller blocks the game when shouting first sentences
- Allow also "use with" beside "give to" when using breadball with seagull or ID card with nazi guard
- Allow also "go to" beside use when entering passage

Keep on creating the next chapter! I'm looking forward. :)

Gabarts

Quote from: Crosco on Sun 04/01/2015 21:21:16
Thank you for providing this game! I enjoyed the Indy-adventure atmosphere and the lovely character paintings. (nod)

Some things I noticed during playing:
- Pixel hunting (especially wallet, apple, rhododendron)
- Interaction GUI didn't hide during dialog speeches
- Room changing didn't work every time because of curious borders (character was outside of room 1 but stayed in the room)
- Some room changing areas miss mouse over text (for example street entries in Venedig)
- Fruit seller blocks the game when shouting first sentences
- Allow also "use with" beside "give to" when using breadball with seagull or ID card with nazi guard
- Allow also "go to" beside use when entering passage

Keep on creating the next chapter! I'm looking forward. :)

- What you mean with Venedig, the panorama view? There are 3 changing areas and should be working...
- I've used SayBackground for the fruit seller but the problem persist, don't know how to fix it...
- Passages on rooftop are hotspots and need the "look at" action, cannot use "go to".

Anyway the pixel hunting series will be fixed once for all with the next version.

Gabarts

BETA Version 2.5 Changelog

- Reduced game size with avi-audio improvement
- Fruit seller fix
- Fixed pixel areas and objects
- Text changes (Italian version)

Blackthorne

Making a game and releasing it is a difficult feat in and of itself! Kudos to you guys for starting a game, and seeing it through! The follow through is the toughest.  There's always going to be bugs and polish you want to put on it, and you just may over time! I've done that with plenty of my games.  I just want to say "Nice Work!"

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Crosco

Quote from: Gabarts on Tue 06/01/2015 11:42:26
- What you mean with Venedig, the panorama view? There are 3 changing areas and should be working...
- I've used SayBackground for the fruit seller but the problem persist, don't know how to fix it...
- Passages on rooftop are hotspots and need the "look at" action, cannot use "go to".

Anyway the pixel hunting series will be fixed once for all with the next version.

With Venedig I meant that the street entries (to enter the street in another room) do not have a mouseover text. So, it was difficult for me to detect that when my character goes there I will change the room. Also this circumstance made it difficult to me to distinguish these room changing areas from background areas (for example the archways in background of the bridge).

I think that at some time I also had the problem with "SayBackground". I moved the "SayBackground" calls into the "repeatedly_execute_always()" function of the room. There it does not block the character. Maybe you want to give it a try.

Too bad that the "passages" on rooftop cannot use the "go to" action. I needed some time to figure out.

Once again, thank you for the game.
Waiting for the next chapter... ;-D

Gabarts

Quote from: Crosco on Fri 09/01/2015 22:41:51
Quote from: Gabarts on Tue 06/01/2015 11:42:26

With Venedig I meant that the street entries (to enter the street in another room) do not have a mouseover text. So, it was difficult for me to detect that when my character goes there I will change the room. Also this circumstance made it difficult to me to distinguish these room changing areas from background areas (for example the archways in background of the bridge).

I think that at some time I also had the problem with "SayBackground". I moved the "SayBackground" calls into the "repeatedly_execute_always()" function of the room. There it does not block the character. Maybe you want to give it a try.

Too bad that the "passages" on rooftop cannot use the "go to" action. I needed some time to figure out.

Once again, thank you for the game.
Waiting for the next chapter... ;-D

Thanks, I'll explain you the problem with SayBackground. It was in the REP_Always but I added some Wait() and for some reasons it stopped the character.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk