Sumatra: Fate of Yandi - coming May 14th!

Started by shaun9991, Tue 21/02/2017 13:01:05

Previous topic - Next topic

OgreVorbis

Quote from: shaun9991 on Tue 21/02/2017 13:01:05
Hi guys,

Our next game Sumatra: Fate of Yandi is coming soon and now has a Steam page! You can check out the Steam page here!

When it is released it will also be available on itch.io and Game Jolt.

What's the story?
You are Yandi, a villager who works for the Pandang Logging Company deep in the Sumatran jungle. Your journey begins when a dramatic accident leaves you stranded and alone in the jungle. You must survive, you must find help - you must escape! But who knows what you might come across in the process?

Inspiration?
Old school point and click adventures from the 80s (eg Kings Quest, Space Quest), Pitfall, Jungle King. Myths and legends of Indonesia.

Wait, this looks a little familiar?
Sumatra: Fate of Yandi is an expanded version of our free game from 2015, Pendek. While Pendek had around 20-30 minutes of gameplay, Sumatra will feature around 2-3 hours of adventuring, with many added situations, plot-lines and characters.

Thanks for your support. Would be interested to hear what you all think :)
Shaun
Just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to this and have been waiting for a while. What's the timeline look like?
(I played Mudlarks and really loved it and that's why I'm here!)

eri0o

This game looks so cool! For some reason it reminds me of the Lost Secret of the Rainforest I never played - except the demo that came with some sierra game I played when I was 10yr old...

I like the video on the Steam page! Just wishlisted it! :-D

shaun9991

Quote from: OgreVorbis on Wed 12/12/2018 18:23:57
Quote from: shaun9991 on Tue 21/02/2017 13:01:05
Hi guys,

Our next game Sumatra: Fate of Yandi is coming soon and now has a Steam page! You can check out the Steam page here!

When it is released it will also be available on itch.io and Game Jolt.

What's the story?
You are Yandi, a villager who works for the Pandang Logging Company deep in the Sumatran jungle. Your journey begins when a dramatic accident leaves you stranded and alone in the jungle. You must survive, you must find help - you must escape! But who knows what you might come across in the process?

Inspiration?
Old school point and click adventures from the 80s (eg Kings Quest, Space Quest), Pitfall, Jungle King. Myths and legends of Indonesia.

Wait, this looks a little familiar?
Sumatra: Fate of Yandi is an expanded version of our free game from 2015, Pendek. While Pendek had around 20-30 minutes of gameplay, Sumatra will feature around 2-3 hours of adventuring, with many added situations, plot-lines and characters.

Thanks for your support. Would be interested to hear what you all think :)
Shaun
Just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to this and have been waiting for a while. What's the timeline look like?

Thanks OgreVorbis!! I'm glad you liked Mudlarks.

We are now looking at hopefully a tentative March 2019 release - the game has ended up quite a lot bigger in scope than earlier intended so the release date has been pushed out a little bit. Development is going well :)

Quote from: eri0o on Sat 15/12/2018 21:13:45
This game looks so cool! For some reason it reminds me of the Lost Secret of the Rainforest I never played - except the demo that came with some sierra game I played when I was 10yr old...

I like the video on the Steam page! Just wishlisted it! :-D

Thanks eri0o!

I never played Lost Secret of the Rainforest (perhaps I did when I was a kid, but I don't remember) but some of the screenshots have definitely been used for inspiration :)

Was lovely to meet you at AdventureX! Future Flashback is looking amaaaaaaaaazing. Coding wizardry.

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

shaun9991

Hi all!

The game is now almost finished and we are looking for playtesters to help us iron out any remaining issues or bugs. If you're interested in giving the game a thorough playtest over the next 2 weeks and providing feedback, please do let me know :)

We are aiming for an early/mid-May release on Steam and itch.io!

If you have a Steam account, please help us appease the algorithm gods by adding it to your wishlists, thanks! :)

Thanks for your support,
Shaun
Cloak and Dagger Games
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Cassiebsg

If it' not a "steam only" I would love to play test it.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

shaun9991

Thanks Cassie! I can send you a non-Steam version of the build. I'll send you a private message with the details :)

shaun9991

Sumatra: Fate of Yandi will be released on May 14th on Steam and itch.io!

We also have a new trailer!

Exciting/nervous times!!!

Vincent

Exellent, this is looking soooo beautiful and I wish you good luck!  :)

Quote from: OgreVorbis on Wed 12/12/2018 18:23:57

Same here though "A Date in the Park" it's one of the most beautiful I've ever played!  :)

Laura Hunt

Big, big fan of Football Game here (A Date In The Park + the DLC was really cool too), so I'm really looking forward to this!

shaun9991

Aww thanks glad you enjoyed our games! Hopefully you will like the new one too :)

Athanor

Today is the day! I'll buy it on itch.io, thank you for providing a DRM-free version! I just loved your earlier games, especially Mudlarks and Legend of Hand. All of your games are very unique in my opinion.

shaun9991

Laura Hunt

Yesss it's here! I'm getting it on Steam because I don't like having to include all the VAT info that itch.io asks for, however. In any case, congratulations! Time to move this thread to the completed games announcements, I guess  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk