The Man in the Hat - English & Spanish

Started by themaninthehat, Mon 22/12/2014 12:52:42

Previous topic - Next topic

themaninthehat

The Man in the Hat is my first project with AGS, and it features exclusive hand painted watercolour artwork, based on a character and a series of watercolour paintings I've been working on for a few years now, named also The Man in the Hat.

The game is very short and has very little narrative. The focus is on creating an atmosphere through music, sound and high-resolution (1920 x 1080), hand-painted graphics, with an attention to detail.

What's the game about?

The Man in the Hat loves travelling around the world, but now he's just back at his beach apartment, resting from his journeys while deciding where to go next.

In this game, you get to help the Man in the Hat to get ready to sit on the balcony and enjoy the sea view in this short game, featuring charming hand painted watercolour artwork. The game focuses on building a cheerful and relaxing atmosphere through charming artwork and carefully selected music and environment sounds, instead of a narrative plot like in most graphic adventures.

The game is available as a FREE download, in English & Spanish, and only for Windows.

Click here to download (Size: 150 Mb)

Alternative link

You can also visit my website www.themaninthehatart.com/game for more information about the game and to view the complete series of The Man in the Hat watercolour paintings.

Screenshots

Any feedback or comments welcome.

Thanks to the whole AGS community for making this possible and for everyone who helped out in the forums during the development!

Regards,

Antonio

CaptainD

Congrats on making your first game! ;-D

Nice paintings, and it looks like you've implemented them into the game very well.

Stupot

Lovely stuff. I've been using watercolours recently too, though not to the same standard as you. I will play this when I get a chance.

Mandle

This looks like an amazing way to bring your painted art to life...

I will be checking this out for sure!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk