Let Go - some updates done

Started by Canardo, Tue 13/01/2015 12:43:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Canardo

Let Go

"Helen! Helen! Please, come back!"
I wake up again after the same dream. You are not in my life anymore, yet I can't forget you. No matter how hard I try, these dreams come back time after time. If only I could let you go.

Let Go is a first person adventure somewhat in vein of the modern "walking simulators", as much of the emphasis is put on the narrative. The gameplay is inventory-based where each solved light puzzle nets the player a new "ability" to see things around him in a different light. This is also why the GUI is based on Beneath a Steel Sky, the simplicity of it fits the game properly. The graphics are from actual locations from Finland, Iceland and Canada, edited in a sharp and non-detailed way to carry the story and atmosphere.

This is a project that has been running to and fro in my mind for years, and after many, many scratches I finally managed to find the style that I want to use in the game.

The GUI-graphics are currently placeholders and will probably be like that until the final stages of the production. Like before, I hope to make the music myself, with some melancholic piano tracks to add to the atmosphere. So far, the stage the game is in, looks something like this:

Graphics: 30%
Story: 50%
Puzzles: 20%
Scripting: 5%
Music: 80%

I hope to get this out of my hands before summer, but I won't make any promises :-D
Here`s looking at you kid.

http://afterashadow.blogspot.com

CrashPL

Interesting, I always liked first person perspective adventure games, as I played lots and lots of'em, when I was a wee lad (and, well, The Journeyman Project 1 was actually the very first PC game I've ever played. :D) So yes, you've piqued my curiosity, good sir. :grin: Especially with that ability system. Are you planning any animations/FMV cutscenes, or just static photos only?

And good luck with the development! :)

Canardo

Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 13/01/2015 13:07:15Are you planning any animations/FMV cutscenes, or just static photos only?

Oh yeah, that. I was actually planning to do the cutscenes as "stacked photographs" in one way resembling comic book -style, with still images but with pages flipping and other animations like that. Those will pretty much be the only animated parts (as making those cutscenes will take me a looooooong time :D )

Canardo

A couple of new rooms ready. I'm hoping to get the environment done quickly, as the game consists of ~30 different sceneries. The sooner the gameworld is done, the sooner I can start tackling the puzzles.

Also, after some thinking, I decided to take the easy route with music and sound effects. Luckily, I managed to find a public domain recording of Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto no. 2, which suits the atmosphere and story perfectly. The sound effects I decided also to find online in public domain, just so that this project gets done before I die :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk