WINNERS ANNOUNCED! Background blitz: A wreck

Started by Monsieur OUXX, Mon 19/01/2015 23:02:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

VOTING TIME

HERE : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51610.msg636507559#msg636507559

==============================

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS...

The long awaited background Blitz is back!
(sounds of crowd releasing its massive enthusiasm)

THE THEME IS: A WRECK

EXPLANATIONS
You will immediately think of a ship wrecked on a shoreline or reef, or lying at the bottom of the sea, or even a spaceship crashed somewhere, or anything else the imagination can conceive. But more generally, it can be about any collision that leads to a deserted place or abandoned set.Maybe the most skilled of yous will be able to draw the scene so that the story of the wreck can be understood by the viewer just by looking at it!

SUBMISSIONS UNTIL : 15th of February!

CRITERIA
  - Concept (a scene that stimulates the imagination, or something interesting, or clever -- something that makes people say: "Oh, I see!")
  - Playability (could it be used in a real game?)
  - Artistic execution (you know, there's always this one contestant who makes everyone jealous of his skills ;))

TROPHIES :
You want them proudly sitting on your chimney and you know it!

BRONZE  SILVER   GOLD
https://36.media.tumblr.com/88cab959d24ea5136d3854e4e10f02a4/tumblr_nin3qkxgAW1tsfksfo1_75sq.png

Mandle

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 19/01/2015 23:02:55
  - Artistic execution (you know, there's always this one contestant who makes everyone jealous of his skills ;))

* Mandle steps up to the mike:

Yeah, sorry about that everyone...

(Mr. OUXX whispers in Mandle's ear)

Sorry? You're not talking about who?

*whisper*

Didn't quite catch that: This is the most embarrassing thing you've ever what?

*whisper*

I'm making a complete what of myself?

*whisper*

I'm making it so much worse by repeating everything you're what?

*whisper*

Oh...

* Mandle sits down

Monsieur OUXX

selmiak

are self portraits after this Christmas and new year celebrations also okay?

;-D Hah and I thought you might forgot us, hehe. Ok, I give it another shot. Hmmmm.

Stupot

I want in this month. I've got a neat idea. Let's see what happens.

Mandle

I'm almost certainly in on this one as well! Got a few other things to finish up first though...

Kay, I drove myself crazy to come up with something and find enough input to feed my fantasies.
Hmm, something unusual wet would be nice, thought. :-D Onto the paper!

Hope we both make it this time, Mandle. ;)

EDIT:
New WIP, new luck.
This time at least I know where I wanna go.^^

Spoiler
[close]

Cassiebsg

Great theme, I might be able to fit this theme into my game too, so if I find a good wreck. I'll give it a try. :) No promises though.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

I<3Pindorama!

Congratulations, OUXX!
it's a fun and exciting challenge!

My subscription...

I tried inserting in the background a small tribute a few members whose dedication
to the development of own art is really admirable.
Somes  are more obvious than others...
Anyway, I hope none of them will be really hard to find...
And  all can say: "Oh, i see!".    ;-D

STORY/CONCEPT:

Sorry for the disgusting state of the toilet paper roll, but that's how he was found by the rescue team.
In order to not cause gag reflex, the full content is reproduced below...

Good wreck for everybody !

Interesting thing you got there Pindorama. And such a lovely captain. :-D

Please, somebody pinch me, do I really finished yesterday the composition; outlines and started coloring? Or am I dreaming?
Well coloring.... colors... know the tricky part begins. But it's so beautiful, I actually wanna cry.
Spoiler
Maybe I really should throw my 226-RGB stuff into the dumpster and start using AGS like my old QuickBasic 4.5 Compiler/Interpreter.
Basic for ever!

[close]

EDIT:
Spoiler

I found the perfect match of the light source. (laugh) Totally Happy.

[close]

I<3Pindorama!

A gentle comment coming from someone so creative and talented is like receiving a trophy, thank Adventuress.  ;)

I am anxious to seeing your work. In fact when I read your  words i have the impression that you already showing inside the "box hide." If I'm right, I should say that the image is not appearing, most likely because it is an encrypted link. You are using a link to an image stored on a hotmail account or something?
See how appears on my browser ...

Spoiler
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: I<3Pindorama! on Thu 22/01/2015 12:26:24
A gentle comment coming from someone so creative and talented is like receiving a trophy, thank Adventuress.  ;)

I am anxious to seeing your work. In fact when I read your  words i have the impression that you already showing inside the "box hide." If I'm right, I should say that the image is not appearing, most likely because it is an encrypted link. You are using a link to an image stored on a hotmail account or something?
See how appears on my browser ...

Spoiler
[close]

Yup...I quoted the posts to get the original link and tried them in a seperate browser tab and it just hits a login gateway...

You have to host the pictures in a public access format Adventuress or we cannot see them. You can because you have access. But we can't and really want to!

Cassiebsg

And me being entirely naive, just thought she was teasing us with those comments and making us there was something to see under the hidden tag! (laugh)(roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Auwh, you making an old lady red like a cherry. Again!
I saw it coming. They changed my other account stuff, so I couldn't make it public at normal ways. Well I fixed it, but my hp has a bit to suffer for putting it in here properly. Nah, currently I'm using it anyway like a storage room. (roll) I fix that later.

@Pindorama
I really do like your style. So don't think, you have no talent at all. I would love to see a bit more effort on your last picture, currently the elements looking like they don't belong in the same scene with each other. You can do much much better Pindo. ;) I saw you doing it before.

@Mandle
Wanna come over for a nice hot cup of tea? (laugh)
And by the way, there really is nothing to be jealous about my life. You wouldn't wanna have it.

@Cassie
O.O Teasing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

selmiak

just use http://imgur.com/ for imagehosting.
you can drag+drop the images from your filebrowser onto the website and upload it from there.

I<3Pindorama!

Quote from: adventuress on Thu 22/01/2015 16:35:50
@Pindorama
I really do like your style. So don't think, you have no talent at all. I would love to see a bit more effort on your last picture, currently the elements looking like they don't belong in the same scene with each other. You can do much much better Pindo. ;) I saw you doing it before.

Ah, those little rascals that i paid in advance for placing the trees in front of the volcano wallpaper...  >:(

Well ... I'll have to do the job myself.  8-)
I'll "reforest" the foot of the mountain there on the left,
this will surely bring little tiny bit more balance to visual perception.

Leaving the joking aside ... I greatly appreciate the sincerity of people, even more so when it has so constructively.
You... right now... was even more gentle and sweet that his previous comment. In fact I can say with all certainty that this last comment precisely confirm the truths spoken previously. We only bothered to help in the evolution of something, when this "thing" touches us some precious way. This make me reminds about that old comment you made about your old beloved. Unfortunately is quite likely that he has forgotten to use the best representative to express his regard for you ...  the sweetness. Even if he hates you (was not the case) there is nothing wrong in speaking kindly to someone ... be kind to others is before anything else a way to respect yourself.

You know, if you were not among the members to whom I make this simple tribute, it is certain that I would place you right now.  ;)

Oh, I almost forgot ...
I should be the last person to correct the English language of anyone here but I don't see another way to repay all your kindness.

So...  (roll)

Spoiler
Quote from: adventuress on Thu 22/01/2015 16:35:50
Auwh, you making an Gold lady red like a cherry. Again!
[close]

A knight to the rescue of a fair maiden. You Sir are one of a kind, indeed. To be rewarded.
Spoiler
May I point out that this 'an' was spoken on purpose. And may I present this homespun hanky in order of my gratitude.

[imgzoom]http://u.jimdo.com/www75/o/sc60c47078e926a37/img/i7fdf700239727b48/1421964533/std/image.png[/imgzoom]
[close]

I<3Pindorama!

I feel extremely flattered by the immensity of so kind gesture.
I am not worthy to carry it in my heart, for surely I would tarnishing it in my condition of mere mortal...
With your permission, I would put it in place of the moon, so your whiteness can brighten my eyes and my soul in the dark moments.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk