Al Emmo & the Lost Dutchman's Mine Enhanced

Started by AGD2, Wed 06/09/2006 10:59:20

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCheese33

So I was checking TellTale Game's website lookin' for updates, and what do you know, Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine is being sold at their store! That's awesome you got TellTale to publish it; they're pretty well-known now for Sam and Max and the Bone series.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

Erpy

Version 3.0 of the game has been released. See the edited first post for details.

BLUEKNIGHT38

Really enjoyed this game.  Looking forward to new games or the next chapter.  Thanks

AGD2

Hi folks, we're looking for a handful of beta testers for Al Emmo v4.0 on Windows & Android!

New features needing testing include a new voice actor for the main character, new 2D cutscene movies to replace the old 3D ones, an Achievements system, a tooltip bar displaying which hotspot your mouse is hovering over, and a newly-added score system with 500 points. We've also included a multitude of smaller improvements to assist in fine-tuning the game.

Please drop a message here or e-mail beta@himalayastudios.com if interested. Android testers should be familar with copying and installing files to their phone via the JJS Port.

Cheers!

P.S. I'm unable to edit the first post of this thread. Erpy's no longer around, so if anyone with Admin access is able to give me access to the top post, it'd be appreciated.

m0ds

You'd need to start a new thread (with the same title I guess, though that's not essential) and we could merge this one with it to - *I think* - give you control over the first post. But I don't recall/think there's a way to just give you access to the first post. AGA may have a funky trick to do that though, you might want to send him a PM.

AGD2

Ah, thanks, Mods. No worries, I'll just ask an admin to edit the first post and add the latest entry to the top when there's a significant update.

Nikolas

That's a visit to the past, I'd say! My posts from 2006! yikes! :P

AGD2: I'm glad to see that the game is carrying on its own legacy! :)

Paul Franzen

Wow! Reading through this thread was a friggin' trip! Really interesting to see what people's initial reactions were to the emergence of commercial AGS games--I wasn't expecting that kind of negativity, especially for such a well-polished game as Al Emmo. Seems like the community's much more open (even supportive) about paying for AGS games now that there's been so many success stories...

...but, that's probably too far off topic, so I'll just say--looking forward to the new Al Emmo! Particularly as someone who's only in the last couple of years really been exploring the Sierra side of the LucasArts/Sierra divide. :-D
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

Klytos

What happened to Erpy? He was the main goto man in the community!

AGA

Quote from: AGD2 on Mon 23/09/2013 01:39:57
P.S. I'm unable to edit the first post of this thread. Erpy's no longer around, so if anyone with Admin access is able to give me access to the top post, it'd be appreciated.

This is a bit of an experiment at this point.  See if you can edit the first post?

AGD2

Quote from: Klytos on Thu 10/10/2013 03:06:54
What happened to Erpy? He was the main goto man in the community!

He kind of just sauntered off into the sunset, never to be heard of again!

Quote from: KlytosThis is a bit of an experiment at this point.  See if you can edit the first post?

Hmmm, I can't see a 'Modify' link at the top of the first post, so I guess not...

AGA

Quote from: AGD2 on Sat 12/10/2013 05:15:01
Hmmm, I can't see a 'Modify' link at the top of the first post, so I guess not...

Now?  I reattributed the first post to you.  Might break the flow of the thread a little, but it should at least give you editing rights to the first post...

AGD2

Sorry, AGA. Didn't notice your post earlier. And yes, that did the trick. Thanks.(laugh)

AGD2

Update: November 26th, 2013

Price: $9.99 USD

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine version 4.0 has been released! This new version has several major improvements based on player feedback we've received over the years. If you've never played the game before, now is the perfect opportunity to give this enhanced edition a try!

SCREENSHOTS

KEY FEATURES
* A new Al Emmo (protagonist) voice actor
* Improved 2D Cutscene movies
* Scoring system with 500 points
* Achievement system with 20 achievements
* Tooltip bar that shows mouse-over hotspots
* Much more! (See full list at bottom of post)

WHERE TO BUY THE GAME
Himalaya Store - Unlockable trial version (Free 60 Minute Trial)
Buy from Desura
(More to come.)

AVAILABILITY ON STEAM
The game is still in Greenlight, but is moving up. If you have a Steam account, we'd really appreciate your "Yes" vote. And if you leave a comment too, you'll automatically go into our prize draw to win some free Steam games once greenlit! Also, all owners of the game will get a Steam key.

UPGRADING TO v4.0
Upgrading to version 4.0 is free for customers who purchased the game directly from Himalaya Studios. If you purchased the Digital Download version, simply uninstall your old version, then re-install version 4.0. The same serial key number you were allocated will work.

If you bought the game from another portal/webstore, the new version will be rolled out sometime in December.

CHANGES TO VERSION 4.0
A full list of additions, features, improvements, and bug fixes is below.
WARNING: GAME SPOILERS AHEAD
Spoiler

- Added: New voice actor for Al Emmo
- Added: New voice actor for Everette the Exterminator
- Added: Improved 2D, hand-animated cutscenes to replace older 3D versions
- Added: New Himalaya Studios logo animation
- Added: New scoring system with a total of 500 points
- Added: Achievements system with 20 achievements to unlock
- Added: Tooltip GUI which shows mouse-over hotspot names
- Added: The [ and ] keys will cycle backwards and forwards through inventory items
- Added: Back-end functionality for touch-screen devices
- Added: Some newly recorded speech for Rita
- Added: Animated light glints to several small, obtainable objects to make them more visible
- Added: Max Nearest Neighbour filter to the setup program
- Fixed: Music and audio stuttering bug
- Fixed: Pressing Enter on Quit & Restart GUIs now acts like clicking the "yes" button
- Fixed: Esc key will now cancel the map of Anozira
- Fixed: Esc will no longer skip the entire tequila sequence in the saloon
- Fixed: Al can now run inside Koko's store
- Fixed: Improved Al's mule dismounting animation at Rita's house
- Fixed: Improved Bubba's flag animation
- Fixed: Updated the PDF manual with the latest graphics and information
- Fixed: Koko's greeting to Al in Act 6 if Al already visited him since the raid
- Fixed: Made it so you must talk to Everette before you can give him the termites
- Fixed: More legible font is used in the journals
- Fixed: Moved the mine cart's starting position further right on the tracks
- Fixed: Bug where the same desert music could play twice in succession
- Fixed: Bug where the top left and right menus would not animate in the mine cliff screen
- Fixed: Bug where you could burn the gallows ropes with the matchbook more than once
- Fixed: several minor spelling/grammar errors
- Fixed: other small glitches and bugs
- Changed: Interface improvements (such as tweening GUIs)
- Changed: Made many items and objects easier to click on to reduce pixel-hunting
- Changed: Rita's speaking portrait
- Changed: Rita's song cutscene has been replaced with a new in-game scene
- Changed: Increased the odds of seeing the fishing Easter Eggs at the oasis
- Changed: Improved the visual appearance of Kevin's fire extinguisher spray
- Changed: Retouched several characters' dialog portraits
- Changed: The half-map rubbing inventory item now includes a piece of charcoal
- Changed: Al now looks at the half-map rubbing after acquiring it (close-up)
- Changed: Made it easier to walk off the screen edges when leaving a room
- Changed: Various dialogue and text tweaks
- Changed: Tweaked the way save/replace game GUIs are handled
[close]

Airborne

QuoteUPGRADING TO v4.0
Upgrading to version 4.0 is free for customers who purchased the game directly from Himalaya Studios. If you purchased the Digital Download version, simply uninstall your old version, then re-install version 4.0. The same serial key number you were allocated will work.

If you bought the game from another portal/webstore, the new version will be rolled out sometime in December.
I've got a problem.  I purchased the original version through Telltale Games but they no longer hosting the game.  What should I do?

AGD2

Just send us an e-mail at support@himalayastudios.com and we'll fix it up. If you can forward your original email receipt from Telltale, it would help.

AGD2

Update: May 9th, 2014:

Quick update to say that Al Emmo is now available to buy on Steam. It's available for both Windows and Linux.

Thanks to monkey_05_06 for helping out with the process!

AGD2

Update: July 9th, 2015:
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine has finally been ported to iPad/iPhone and is now available in the App Store! The iOS version features a new verb-coin style interface with large icons for touch-screen devices, and is optimized for single finger taps. Text size has also been increased for easier readability on smaller screens.

Buy the iOS Version Here

Thanks to Janet Gilbert for her extensive work on making the AGS port compatible with iOS8 and to Tiny Red Studio for their assistance with porting the game and helping with its release.

Please note that Apple doesn't permit us to distribute free game copies to existing owners of the PC version. You would need to purchase it again if you wish to play the iOS version.

Cassiebsg

That sounds very intrusive for Apple to decide what can and can not be done on someone else games. >:(
No wonder I hate Apple!

But congrats on the release, anyway. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk