Oceanspirit Danish (MAGS winner)

Started by Radiant, Sun 04/05/2014 16:58:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

If Shakespeare wrote adventure games, this is what they would look like. Watch Oceanspirit Dennis and his companions Ray and Mr. Cheeses as they stumble through the plot of Hamlet, order too much room service, and make a general mess out of Denmark. As befits the Oceanspirit Dennis series, there are lots of combat scenes with a special rune engine, and as befits a Shakespearean tragedy, most of the cast dies like mayflies. With dialogue written by The Bard himself, how can you resist a game like this?

Featuring high resolution graphics; innovative combat system; lots of Shakepeare quotes and a cute mouse. Written for the MAGS contest of April 2014, thanks to Baron and Handsfree for art and music respectively.

Download here.

Ponch

AprilSkies

Playing it now!
It's really funny! And well done ^_^ d

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Amuzo1

Radiant

This post really needs quoting here :)

Quote from: Tabata on Thu 01/05/2014 17:47:32
       BIIIIG „YAY!“
for Guildencheese!

Guildencheese Fan Club

"Squeak!"  (nod)

... and also congrats for the release!  :grin:

miguel

Hahaha! So far it's been a fantastic OSD experience but I can't pass the boss( :=) that throws fire! Healing is so damn slow! And he heals 3,4 times in a row!

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ghost

Awesome art! Need to play it but just looking at it makes me happy!

Monsieur OUXX

bug report 1: when you fight the ghost and your life bar reaches zero, then there is a fade-out/fade-in that restarts the fight, and your life is restored BUT the life bar is still at zero. Its real value gets displayed properly only the first time you get hit.

bug report 2: when you're drawing the patterns, if you hold the mouse long enough, sometimes there's a mouse glitch and the game starts drawing a new line starting from the previous line; you can draw complex shapes, with a new vertice each time the glitch happens.
After some tests : the mouse glitch happens only when you move the mouse near some specific points of the drawing grid, while holding. It looks like every 3 or 4 grid points, there's a special (faulty) point that resets the current line.
OK apparently it's not a bug it's a feature :D

On a different note: I can't fight. I draw the horizontal and vertical lines to embolade or dodge, but nothing happens, Dennis doesn't do anything and keeps getting hit in the mean time. I tried to make them perfectly horizontal or vertical, to no avail. I tried to make them the exact length as in the inventory, doesn't help either. OK it took me a LONG time to figure out that the lines have to be very large (almost the entire screen). Maybe that could be made clearer if there is a next version.

Radiant

Every bug in an OSD game is a feature :grin:

That said, yeah, we'd be happy to do an updated version. Enjoy playing the next scenes!

Baron

It ain't high-res.  It just looks that way....  ;)

Radiant

Ponch

shaguar

Stuck in bedroom fight.
I think this mouse-gesture stuff does not work properly.
When i try drawing sthg. in an angle, the line does not break but follows the mouse pointerin a straight line.
Thats very frustrating. Am i doing something wrong  ? I don't think so. It must be the mechanism itself.
Don't know if this is a reason for a hints thread or a bug report.
Can you give me a savegame to get around that "bug" ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk