Author Topic: [MAGS November 2015] Scylla and Charybdis: A Grecian Ship From Olympus U  (Read 8868 times)

Eggie

• Golly!
    • Eggie worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Eggie worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Guys! I recreated the invisible bird bug! It might involve some frustration while I tear my own confusingly-written code apart but I think I can finally slay this dragon.

Nice one, but the end... when can we expect the sequel? ??? (nod)

I am so gratified people finished the game feeling okay despite what a technical mess it was. I'M SO HAPPY PEOPLE FINISHED AT ALL.
Uhh I think I might start working on one around Mmmarch? Maybe? I definitely want to have scrubbed-up versions of the first two out there before then. Aaaaand maybe add voice-acting to 'em. I always wanted these things to have voice-acting. It's probably a roundabout reason why I thought that problematic subtitle-style text was a good idea

It's probably a roundabout reason why I thought that problematic subtitle-style text was a good idea

For the record, this is something I never had any problem with, but voice acting would obviously still be great.

I just finished the game and I will just say this: I KNOW MY VOTE HANDS DOWN FOR THIS MAGS...
This game was my choice for the MAGS competition too.

Eggie, I'd be glad to translate the Olympus U series in french.
Let me know if you're interested.

Eggie

• Golly!
    • Eggie worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Eggie worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
That would be amazing! I'm...uh... not exactly happy with the dialogue for the first one as it stands but once I finally get around to cleaning that up it would be great ti get in touch about that.

Speaking of clean-up, a new version got uploaded today so for anyone new to this thread: Hopefully the issues we've been discussing for the last three pages won't be issues any more.
Thanks to everyone who played this game and helped identify problems :)

I'm glad to see this get an extra coat of polish! I mentioned a few more less severe bugs over Twitter and just wanted to check if you saw 'em, I thought it might have done that thing where it stops sending notifications for a conversation in progress.