MODULE: TypedText 1.0.0

Started by Crimson Wizard, Sun 12/02/2017 22:53:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Phemar

This is really cool, Crimson! Glad to see a more fleshed out version of the typewriter module. Awesome work.

Aaron Best

Hi apologies with the delayed response...

No there's certainly no [ in the text - however adding a space after the final word has seemed to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Except Pigs on Wed 27/12/2017 22:21:26
No there's certainly no [ in the text - however adding a space after the final word has seemed to resolve the issue.

Could you give an example of text that caused this? Does this happen with any text or particular one? Depends on font? This information would be very useful to prevent this error in the future.

Cassiebsg

Uhm, I think it happens with all text in the module, maybe?
I remember adding the space on my lines, cause I was experiencing the same problem with the line breaking (which is why I suggested the space at the end).
I didn't thought much about it at the time. I was using ttf font if that makes a difference.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

eri0o

Hey, two minor things

• in the first example, it should be SayBackground, with the S upper case
  • in the module code, the alignment centre is now center in 3.6.0, so there's I think three lines that need to be updated in the code - I think it's the renderer code

Used the module for the first time, it's really good!

Crimson Wizard

Updated TypedText modules to 1.0.0

After several years of not touching this module, I fixed couple of known bugs, added fixes for changed script commands to ease usage in AGS 3.5.0 and later, and replaced download links from bitbucket to github (where my script modules now reside).

* Fixed that if text does not end with any of the "split" characters (any punctuation by default), then the last word will be unnecessarily wrapped onto the next line.
* Fixed if drawing surface or control's height is too small, there will be no text typed at all, which may confuse users.
* Provided compat fixes for compiling with AGS 3.5.0 and higher.

Download module pack: https://github.com/ivan-mogilko/ags-script-modules/releases/download/typedtext-1.0.0/TypedTextPack.zip
Download demo game: https://github.com/ivan-mogilko/ags-script-modules/releases/download/typedtext-1.0.0/TypedTextDemo_1.0.0.zip

On another topic, the original documentation for this module is probably overcomplicated (as most of my attempts to document my work). A while ago I did an effort to write better docs for my DragDrop module, perhaps if I manage to find spare time I could do same for this module.

Also, this module maybe should be rewritten for AGS 4.0, where scripts have more features, and many things could be scripted easier and in a more elegant way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk