Fortnightly Writing Competition -SERIAL (Results)

Started by Baron, Fri 13/05/2016 00:31:50

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

So, where is the new thread? :D (likely not yet made, i just feel like participating for the first time :) )

Edit, nm, just saw that it will be posted on Monday ;)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Haggis

It's created by the winner - in this case Ponch. Sadly he is away for a few days fighting off - or not - bridesmaids rather than scaly beasts (hopefully not one in the same!). He said he'll probably create the new one on Monday.

Baron

Huh.  I never considered that the taloned slimy scaly beast could have been a jilted bridesmaid....  Of course it's equally plausible that the bloodthirsty creature is the mother of the groom.  If only Ponch would offer us some closure on the true identity of the monster when/if he gets back from the island. :undecided:

Making trophies is still on my to-do list, so hopefully the thread won't be locked before I can publish them.   

Haggis

Don't worry - it's the haggis trophy jinx.

The only other competition I entered I got joint 3rd (a consistent bronze finish - like David Dickinson) but when the results came out I wasn't listed. So I missed out* :(

*Of course my memory could be failing and I might have done worse than I remember, but it adds weight to the Haggis jinx.

Ponch

And I'm back. The bridesmaids have all been vanquished. I landed late and today I need to get back up to speed at work. I'll try to get the new theme posted tonight. :smiley:

Baron

Sorry I'm late with these again: I've really got to start finessing the end of the fortnight to coincide with when I have more spare time. :P

Now, on to TROPHIES!!1!!

With third place Haggis wins himself a bronze typewriter of pulpiness.  Each key stroke sounds like a gong and vibrates like a jackhammer! ;-D 

With second place Sinitrena wins herself a serial silver trophy.  This model not only writes great werewolf stories, but could also be used to slay them if you or a brawny sidekick possess the upper body strength to wield it as a weapon. ;-D

And finally, with first place, despite the on-going recounts and court battles, Ponch wins the golden typewriter.  You gotta hack out your next story gently on this model, since the soft keys will deform if you bang away on it like you normally do, as if you are possessed by a bewigged half-insane 18th century composer. ;-D  Think pacifist rainbow yogic thoughts while you type, P, and everything will be groooooovy. ;)

Congratulations to all entrants once again. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk