SPRITE JAM [03 JUN - 23 JUN] Plant And Click Adventures

Started by Scavenger, Fri 03/06/2016 16:43:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Scavenger

Plant and Click Adventures

Alright! Sorry for the delay, it was difficult finding the time! The current theme is:

Plants
Our botanical friends! With a wide variety of vines, flowers, mushrooms, and trees, with fruits and vegetables too, plants provide a very wide palette with which to draw inspiration from! Dryads, tree-spirits, myconids, man eating singing world ending venus fly traps - plants are everywhere! So let's adventure with them!

Your task is to:
- Create a character for an adventure game who is a plant! Be they anthropomorphic, monstrous or just literally a plant, you must design and sprite a character who would go in an adventure game, and is some kind of plant, or fungus. I'm leaving it open to interpretation this time, but you must also include one sentence about the character's role in the (hypothetical) game you're spriting them for!
- The sprite must contain no more than 16 colours, total. 3D models are allowed, so long as the texture map contains no more than 16 colours.
- The sprite must be AGS-Ready!

Winners will get one of these trophies!

morganw

Advanced soil simulation (so advanced that 16 colours just isn't enough and disqualification is a winning state).

Danvzare

Quote from: morganw on Sun 05/06/2016 01:31:12

Advanced soil simulation (so advanced that 16 colours just isn't enough and disqualification is a winning state).
Reminds me of poop.
Or a subway system.

morganw

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 05/06/2016 14:27:19
Reminds me of poop.
Or a subway system.
Fertiliser logistics would definitely have a role to play.

Scavenger

It looks nice, though, I did also ask for a character who is a plant. x3

Cassiebsg

I'm working on one. :-D
In fact I did it last night, but might change a few things. will try to do a "walkcycle" for it too.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Avirosb

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 05/06/2016 14:27:19
Reminds me of poop.
Or a subway system.
It's a stool :P

I might come up with something - for participation purposes - but I dread the possibility of actually winning.
Making topics takes way too much effort for this low-energy fella.

Mandle

Quote from: Avirosb on Fri 10/06/2016 08:05:01
I dread the possibility of actually winning.
Making topics takes way too much effort for this low-energy fella.

I believe it is fine to pass the torch to the second-place position if you want to...

Blondbraid

I want to give this a shot, and my idea was to make a parody of cheap kid cartoons with no artistic value, no good lessons to teach, and certainly not beautiful to look at,
but parents let their kids watch regardless in the hopes that all the garish kitsch will keep them distracted for an hour... ;)

This is a crackpot funflower who's sole purpose is to pad out the story with happy nonsense,
brings the plot to a screeching halt as well as being as tacky and noisy as humanly (or shall I say plantly?) possible,
a cartoon equivalent of the knights who say nii if you so like.

Mandle

I don't trust that happy flower...

Reminds me too much of something else:

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
[close]

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 12/06/2016 00:58:28
I don't trust that happy flower...

Reminds me too much of something else:

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
[close]
Reminds me more of Ronny. But then again, I've never played Undertale (although I think I know everything about Undertale at this point, so what would be the point).

EDIT:
Rather than make a new post, I'll just edit this one to include my submission.
[imgzoom]http://orig00.deviantart.net/4bd2/f/2016/166/4/b/chuck_by_danvzare-da6bfp7.png[/imgzoom]
I think I could have done better with the shape... but it's a cactus. They can have odd shapes.

This cactus (who I'm calling Chuck) is the main character in his game. He sits in a room, unable to move, but capable of thinking, and he must solve a puzzle with only the look command!
And yes, he's 16 colours. Well, technically 15, but if you include the background, you get 16.

Cassiebsg

Oh well, animating him is being a pain and I'm not in the mood to manually paint him, so...
He looked better at 32bit. :P

[IMGzoom]http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/Cassiebsg/Misc/CarotHead3_16Colors.gif[/IMGzoom]

Roger is a Cabarrot head, he slugs him self using his roots, that allow him to acquire nutrients at the same time... he can't be away from water for more than 12 hours, at which point he will dry out and die. Such a shame! He's an aspiring detective in Greee planet, and he'll be accidentally discover the murder of big old Mackesh.

PS - uhm.. that white around him in unintentional... let me see if I can easily remove it.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SinSin

The Venus Fly Warrior!!

Plantius eatius humanium, also know as the angriest plant in the world doesn't like being told what to do. Alone they can be quite vicious, while in large numbers they can often be found outside plant parliament waving placards and waving rude gestures at anyone who passes by.
Currently working on a project!

Mandle

Scavenger

Okay! My computer is completely dead, so this was a little harder to compile than usual, because I'm on my phone. But, the show must go on, and y'all must cast your vote for who is the winner of this contest! This time, you get one vote! Choose wisely!

Grok:

Morganw:

Blondbraid:

Danvzare:

Cassiebsg:

Sinsin:

Thank you to all the entrants, we got some real cute stuff this time!

Mandle

My vote is for: Sinsin! Can't resist that cutey-plant!

Danvzare

Sinsin - Easiest choice I've ever made. It's simply superb.

Blondbraid

I'll vote for Danvzare, the backstory for Chuck the cactus sounds equal parts fun and intriguing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk