Moving Out

Started by ilkaytobello, Fri 12/08/2022 13:20:08

Previous topic - Next topic

ilkaytobello

Moving Out

I started to make this cute little game as a quarantine distraction and I wanted to use the item set that I made earlier in a game. It was very fun to make this game and so I kept working on it.

The Story:
Your neighbor is moving out and you come to her help for packing up. A cute, wholesome point & click puzzle game.

Development Progress:

Story: 70%
Scripting: 20%
Graphics: 20%
Sound/Music: 50%

Expected completion date: September 2022

Dev Log:

• Jul 19 - I created a kitchen scene at first, added collectible items and hotspots that open/ close the doors and drawers.
  • Made the song by myself with an online app and got the other sound effects from freesound.org
  • Adding sound effects, made them cuter.
  • Aug 2 Added a new living room as a visual didn't started to code yet. I am creating all the backgrounds and assets by myself.
  • Aug 10 - I made a simple inventory box to collect items. Thinking to add side scroll
  • Aug 12 - Right now I am working on the start screen and other UI elements.

Screenshots

You can follow me on twitter and itch.io to stay tuned.
https://twitter.com/ilkaytobello
https://ilkaytobello.itch.io/

heltenjon

Your drawings look very nice, the colours give that feel-good vibe. The sound effects fit the actions very well, and the music sounds like an Asian-inspired tune that can loop forever in the background of say, a mah-jong game without getting on my nerves.

So the assets are in place. How good your game will be, depends on the story and puzzles. I'm looking forward to seeing more.  (nod)

TheNewSon

I agree with heltenjon! The art style looks so sweet, it makes me want to have a candy, preferably strawberry-flavored. The music and sound effects remind me of Stardew Valley, one of my top favorite games! I'm looking forward to playing it!  ;-D

ilkaytobello

Thank you all for your kind comments. I agree with you both! I hope I will make it fun and appealing to the players. Since I am working on art and code by myself it's going very slowly because I am not that experienced. Gonna keep this page up to date as much as I can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk