I've started a blog

Started by petergilmour, Wed 09/11/2016 12:20:11

Previous topic - Next topic

petergilmour

Hi guys, I've started a blog talking about adventure game development. It's in its infancy but I will be updating regularly.

If you are interested in such a thing then please give it look.

http://petergilmour.co.uk

Jack

CaptainD

Looks good! 

Out of interest, did you consider AGS?  Have any other point and click games been made with Corona SDK?

petergilmour

Thanks for the compliments! I honestly have considered every single option out there! My only problems with ags were the complexities of the cross platform building. I am not aware of any other pnc games made with corona. I have created the system with the idea that one day, when it's finished, i will 'open source' it so everyone can use it.

Blondbraid

Great art, love the clean colors ans sleek designs!

petergilmour

Thanks! Honestly I thought it was terrible, but maybe I was wrong. Just need to stop making vikings!

Danvzare

Ooh nice, I just might follow this blog. :)

CaptainD

Quote from: petergilmour on Wed 09/11/2016 13:04:22
Thanks for the compliments! I honestly have considered every single option out there! My only problems with ags were the complexities of the cross platform building. I am not aware of any other pnc games made with corona. I have created the system with the idea that one day, when it's finished, i will 'open source' it so everyone can use it.

Really interested to see what you come up with - all the best with development!

petergilmour

Thanks guys, will post anytime I think there's something worth showing off :-D

luisdementia

I love the idea of this blog. Hopefully this will encourage more people to join the adventure gaming community. :)

petergilmour

Quote from: luisdementia on Wed 09/11/2016 16:31:55
I love the idea of this blog. Hopefully this will encourage more people to join the adventure gaming community. :)

I hope so, they are the best kind of games.

selmiak

Will this be a viking adventure game? Sounds interesting. Good Luck.
You probably don't post about it only here, you should automate updating the threads when there is a new blog entry somehow.

Stupot

Good stuff. I look forward to seeing more posts :-)

dactylopus

Thank you for reminding me of this song by Cursive.

petergilmour

It won't be a viking game for sure... those characters were just me practicing the art style. It could be vikings, I am going to study a bit about story writing and see what my brain comes up with.

I'l be doing loads of posts I'm sure, talking about story writing, art production, making music, code, anything that comes up really.

Retro Wolf

That Corona looks fun, will bookmark it so I can check it out one day. Do you have to pay for Android export?
Love the artwork!

petergilmour

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Thu 10/11/2016 19:19:32
That Corona looks fun, will bookmark it so I can check it out one day. Do you have to pay for Android export?
Love the artwork!

Thanks!
At the moment Corona is completely free to use. You need to pay to remove the "Powered by Corona" splash screen if that bothers you though. Can build for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Apple TV all out of the box. It's very very easy to use but it is not an adventure game engine like AGS. It is multipurpose.

Retro Wolf

I've had AGS doing genres it wasn't designed for, so I think I could get the hang of it. :-D
I've never used Lua before, but the code examples they show look really easy.

Good luck with the project, I'll be watching! ;)

petergilmour

Good luck, you can message me on my blog if you need help with Lua.

My favourite thing about corona is that there are no proprietary project files. Like there is no myGame.corona file. Your entire game is just text files that you make yourself, so you know it's not going to corrupt or anything weird like that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk