Jibble

A redesign of the AGS site is being planned! Please check out the mockups and give your feedback.

Two factor authentication (via app or email) is now available for the forums. You can enable it on your profile.

Author Topic: AGS Awards 2016 Client [bug reports, suggestions, feature requests]  (Read 3950 times)

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mittens Lord
  • Private Insultant
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2018, for his numerous additions to the AGS open source ecosystem including the new Awards Ceremony client and modules
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
One bug I came across several times, was that if I posted a message just before the "Quiet down" thing appeared and our text was hushed on the IRC, I would get an error. It didn't seem to affect anything, but it gave me a mini heart attack the first time I saw it.

Oh, interesting. Yeah, I can just turn that warning off. Actually, all the IRC warnings are a bit problematic, because they freeze the game entirely, and if you don't clear them away quite quickly the message buffer will overflow, crashing the game.

Also, there was quite a bit of rubber banding happening.

Yeah. I've thought a bit more about the problem (I think it's mainly caused by people interrupting one walk by clicking somewhere else, and by a buffer I put in to stop people from spamming the IRC channel with too many clicks). I have some ideas for how to address it. In general, it's a tradeoff between being as up-to-date/accurate as possible and avoiding apparent teleportation: since it's not exactly a real-time shooter, I guess fewer jumps would be preferable. I'll look into it.

As for features, it would be nice if the avatar selection screen was partially transparent. I think I missed a bit of the ceremony while trying to find a certain avatar to change into.

Yeah, this is part of the UI redesign I want to do.

This might just be me, but I seem to recall keyboard movement in previous versions. Regardless, it would be nice to have. Sometimes it's tough to achieve precise positioning in a crowd with just mouse movement.

I don't think that was ever there. Could be an idea, but I'd personally rather have a movable cursor in the text entry field.

I want to see a replacement act for Daft Punk.

Yeah, I think it's time to refresh a lot of these old resources (also the GIFs and some of the music tracks); they're getting a bit tired after having been used for so many years. Are there any bands/DJs from AGS games that might fit?