The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Started by Tabata, Mon 27/03/2017 23:19:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

The blue mug symbolizes the engine that we love to use for creating and playing games.   (nod)
As you know most of the games used to have it placed along the way somewhere to be noticed, seen or even used as an item.  8-)
I thought it might be a nice idea to collect and show ingame-screenshots including that symbol.
So everyone who found one can post the image in this thread, add the games name and help getting a nice and colourful bouquet of different games were it is done.  ;-D

I hope you enjoy watching and like to participate for to let the collection grow. 

… now let me start the gallery with some shots:

Among Thorns

Primordia

The Journey of Iesir

The Cat Lady

The Man From Fugue State

CaptainDesaster: The Dark Side of the Moon

… also a way to integrate it  :wink:

Heroine's Quest 

Now please discover some more big blue cups and add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Mandle

I must say Tabby: Very clever of you to use the in-game cursor to point out where the cup is in the picture. Saves some time drawing a circle around it or whatever, and also doesn't mar the artwork.

I thought I'd mention this as a tip for future contributers...

Danvzare

Wow, this is a really great idea.
I once made a game with a big blue cup in it... but it was a terrible TERRIBLE game that I'd just as soon forget. So I won't be posting a screenshot of the cup in that game. And since it was a difficult to find easter egg, I don't think anyone else will either. :P

Although now I'll have to search my memory for all of the AGS games I've played which does have a big blue cup somewhere in it. :confused:

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 28/03/2017 01:40:58
I must say Tabby: Very clever of you to use the in-game cursor to point out where the cup is in the picture. Saves some time drawing a circle around it or whatever, and also doesn't mar the artwork.

I thought I'd mention this as a tip for future contributers...
Thanks for mentioning it, I hadn't really noticed it since it looked so natural. And knowing me, I would've just drawn a circle and wondered why it looked so out of place. (laugh)

CaptainD

Nice idea Tabby!  There is also one in Stomping Boots, will dig it out.

Mandle

A lot of my own games have one somewhere... I might have to download and replay them to find the screenies...

Tabata

Ha, ha. ha - sounds a bit like cheating to me since you already know where you placed them. (laugh)
How about playing some AGS-games made by others to discover some big blue cups? :wink:

Well, but I don't mind if you show us how you integrated that little mug in your own games - it just should be real 'in game' shots.
Let the collection grow! :grin:

Mandle

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 28/03/2017 22:12:36
Ha, ha. ha - sounds a bit like cheating to me since you already know where you placed them. (laugh)
How about playing some AGS-games made by others to discover some big blue cups? :wink:

Oh, I hadn't realized it was supposed to be a find-the-cups challenge kind of thing. I just thought it was supposed to be a big gallery of screenies.

Tabata

It is! It is! (nod)
Don't miss the rest of that posting you quoted! :-*

It was just funny for me to think of a dev searching thruogh the own game to find the cup he put somewhere. I simply haven't thought about that option before I started - but I like it. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Mandle

Hahaha...

"Now where in tarnation did I put my blue cup?"

"Errr... it's on your head, grandpa..."

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

The Shortest Journey

Hawk Manor

Tales from the Eureka Cluster

Now please discover some more big blue cups and add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Danvzare

That cup in the shortest journey is grey. Come back when it's blue!

Tabata

Don't complain with me - I am innocent and just wanted to be allowed to come back here   :grin:

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 31/03/2017 11:50:10
That cup in the shortest journey is grey. Come back when it's blue!
Better now?   

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

I had real big fun fun playing 'The Tale of Lonkey Island' lately and saved those:

The Tale of Lonkey Island

not a blue cup but ...

The Tale of Lonkey Island
(trans: “What the hell means AGS?“)

I hope you discover some big blue cups, too and add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Tabata

YAY!
So happy to see someone taking part!
Thank you Cassie!

I hope for some more big blue cups to be discovered... and added here to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

AnasAbdin

The Blue Cup is already in the introduction of Tardigrades :-D

LimpingFish

It's small, but it's there!

Heartland Deluxe
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

AnasAbdin

Does this count as well? ???
From anastronaut 2..

CaptainD

Here is a partial screenshot from Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots, tastefully highlighted because the cursor is in the wrong place.

Tabata

Aww! You guys are soo coooool!   

@Limpi
Can you please add the name of the game, too? Thanks :-*

Keep on discovering some more big blue cups ... and add them here to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

... some more for the galley:

Hang On

Terror Of The Vampire

I hope you discover some more big blue cups, too and add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Click'd

There's one in Technobabylon, in the holding cell. Don't have a screenshot right now, sadly.

lorenzo

Here's a "medium sized blue mug" from The Journey Down:

and one from Adventure Island:

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

horusr

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

... YAY! The gallery is growing

Anna's Quest
(even it isn't done in AGS it has its roots in there :) )

You found some, too? ... don't forget to add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Radiant

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Stable Pete  and the Joust

You found one (or more) of 'our' mugs, too? ... don't forget to add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

CaptainD

I've just realised we actually have a blue cup in Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots not once,but twice.

(It's a little obscured by the hourglass icon but it's there, inside Ralph's stomach!)

In addition to this one posted previously in the ship's bedroom:

HanaIndiana

The 4th Wall
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/o2bBNWp.png[/imgzoom]

Pink Sky (in the monitor)
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/KAxJQzm.png[/imgzoom]

I opted for Ego/Roger, instead of Big Blue cup, in my last game. :grin: :~(

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

L'Affaire Aspirox

You found one (or more) of 'our' mugs, too? ... don't forget to add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Kumpel

Grizzly Goose of Gosse
[/img]

A Second Face - The Eye of  Geltz is watching Us

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Alum

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Cyborg Seppuku

3 Geeks

I hope you discover some more big blue cups, too and add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

ManicMatt

Trails and Traces - The Tomb of Thomas Tew

I decided to have this character drink from a mug, so the choice of colour was a no brainer.

This mug drinking character is voiced by none other than our Captain D.

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

The Lone Planet (alpa)

Ghost

C'mon Tabby. Now I gotta download and PLAY my own stuff just to get screenshots???  (laugh)

Chance Of The Dead- most undead blue cup evers!

Tabata

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 26/02/2019 09:04:24
a different kind of blue cup collection
@Selmiak
I wouldn't mind if you place the images of the blue cups in your post because they are AGS-related.  8-)

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 26/02/2019 15:23:31
C'mon Tabby. Now I gotta download and PLAY my own stuff just to get screenshots???  (laugh)
    I am a little devilish mouse. 
Take it as an opportunity to advertise your game. It deserves it!  (nod)
... and when you edit your post to add the name of COTD
(so everyone who wants to play it will know what to look for)
you even can place the link to the database there.  :wink:  :kiss:

Come on AGS'ers - discover some more big blue cups, too and add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

WHAM

Had to dig up an oldie to get a pic of it, but I distinctly remembered there being a blue cup in my games all the way back in 2011!

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

selmiak

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/VfdNojZ.png[/imgzoom]

Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoi

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Thrymly Disguised

Haven, Epi 1 - The Small World

Tabata

The Big Blue Cup Gallery

... one more for the galley:

Suly Fallen Harmony

I hope you also discover some big blue cups and add your findings to  The Big Blue Cup Gallery

Racoon

Dropped Monocle also have a blue cup with an important role to it in Goat Herd and the Gods :-D And I think I also saw one im Mess Goblins, but I am not 100% sure.

I like the idea that many AGS Games are connected through the blue cup!

TheFrighter

I remember just today that there was a blue cup in Once Upon A Time In The 70’s

and in Beacon

_

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk