Any way to highlight hotspots?

Started by Skele, Sat 13/05/2017 02:48:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Skele

Hello,

I added a few hotspots in my game, which are mostly just in the background (overt the sky and some roads etc.)
so it's not possible for the player to know that they can look there because it's just part of the background.

Is there any way to highlight the hotspot, or maybe make the coursor change colour
when it's over a hotspot or any other way to make the player know that they can look at that part of the background?

greetings

Matti

Take this example from the manual:
Code: ags
if (Hotspot.GetAtScreenXY(mouse.x, mouse.y) == hDoor)
  Display("Mouse on the door");

Instead of displaying text you can of course change the cursor sprite or whatever you prefer.

Cassiebsg

If all you wish is just for the cursor mouse to change color/sprite/animate, then create the appropriate sprite how you which it to look when it is over a hotspot/object/character that youu can interact with. Then create a view with it.

Now, open your mouse cursor mode and change AnimateOnlyOnHotspot to True, and place the view number where it says View. You'll need to do this for all cursor modes that you wish to animate.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Skele

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 13/05/2017 12:31:01
If all you wish is just for the cursor mouse to change color/sprite/animate, then create the appropriate sprite how you which it to look when it is over a hotspot/object/character that youu can interact with. Then create a view with it.

Now, open your mouse cursor mode and change AnimateOnlyOnHotspot to True, and place the view number where it says View. You'll need to do this for all cursor modes that you wish to animate.

Oh yes that was exactly what I wanted to do,
thank you a lot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk