Author Topic: What song are you listening to right now?  (Read 7655 times)

Re: What song are you listening to right now?
« Reply #160 on: 19 Sep 2019, 17:46 »
Dact, loved all of those. Fond memories from my teenage years of that Sigur Ros album. Actually just listening to that track takes me back.

Some Stones. Voodoo Lounge is an underrated album:

« Reply #161 on: 23 Sep 2019, 05:28 »
I was not familiar with that Stones song.  Thanks for posting, I really dig it.

Here's my recent listen:

« Reply #162 on: 23 Sep 2019, 18:18 »

I don't know if someone likes this kind of music, or even dance it... well, this track have something.

_

« Reply #163 on: 23 Sep 2019, 18:51 »
Nice little grove there, Frighter.

Anyone remember music styles like 'gabber'. It just sounds like a headache to 40-year-old me now:

Jack

• Think deviant
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with story design
    • Jack worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #164 on: 24 Sep 2019, 21:48 »

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Private Insultant
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2018, for his numerous additions to the AGS open source ecosystem including the new Awards Ceremony client and modules
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #165 on: 26 Sep 2019, 13:37 »
What I'm literally listening to right now:

« Reply #166 on: 26 Sep 2019, 13:53 »
What I'm literally listening to right now:

!!!

I love Madrugada to bits (their reunion tour absolutely slayed, never thought I would have the chance to hear those songs live), but I always found Hoyem's solo albums to be kind of ehhhhh whatever. This is a very nice track though! Makes me want to check out the album to see if there's anything else I might have missed :)

These days I've been trying to get into the new Chelsea Wolfe album, but it's been a huge disappointment. The songs she shared in advance were all stunning, but when the album finally came out, it was clear that they were actually the only decent tracks on it. It's not that it's BAD, it's just... boring. Dull. Uninspired. Droning. Songs meld into one another and after a while of listening to it I inevitably find myself zoning out and coming back to it two tracks later like "huh? What was I listening to? What time is it?"

Anyway, here goes what is probably my favourite song from the album. The video is crappy but the song is very pretty. Side effects might include stopping whatever you are doing, contemplating the ceiling pensively, and thinking back on somebody you hurt at some point:

« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2019, 14:02 by Laura Hunt »

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Private Insultant
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2018, for his numerous additions to the AGS open source ecosystem including the new Awards Ceremony client and modules
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #167 on: 26 Sep 2019, 20:36 »
I love Madrugada to bits (their reunion tour absolutely slayed, never thought I would have the chance to hear those songs live), but I always found Hoyem's solo albums to be kind of ehhhhh whatever. This is a very nice track though! Makes me want to check out the album to see if there's anything else I might have missed :)

I've been a big fan of Madrugada almost since the start—I remember eagerly awaiting the New Depression EP—but I missed them at the Quart Festival back in 2000, and so never saw them live until the reunion this January.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Unfortunately it was a slight letdown for me: I'd have liked them to play more songs from throughout their career rather than doing all of Industrial Silence to the near-exclusion of anything else, and I was almost a bit put off by the scale of the whole production.

Still, it was definitely a great show, and Høyem's vocals and frontman energy are amazing.

Anyway, I completely agree about Høyem's solo stuff. It just doesn't rock the way the band did. I've listened to his albums a few times, and only a couple of tracks (this one primarily) have stuck with me.

BTW, thanks for the Lana del Rey pick. I've never really cared for her music, but that was quite an earworm.

« Reply #168 on: 26 Sep 2019, 21:25 »
I've been a big fan of Madrugada almost since the start—I remember eagerly awaiting the New Depression EP—but I missed them at the Quart Festival back in 2000, and so never saw them live until the reunion this January.

Ha, it was the other way around for me: the first thing I heard from them was "Look away Lucifer" and I went backwards from there.

It's surprising to know about the scale of the production in other places, in Berlin they gave a pretty stripped down show on a small-ish stage (see the pic below), with just some fancy lights now and then and a glitter cannon (just one! Ghost had TWO!) during... "Norwegian Hammerworks Corp", I think? In any case, hearing Industrial Silence in its entirety made me very very happy so I can't really complain about the dearth of tracks from other albums :)

BTW, thanks for the Lana del Rey pick. I've never really cared for her music, but that was quite an earworm.

Happy to hear! It really is a wonderful song.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2019, 22:19 by Laura Hunt »