All games sucks after playing Days gone and Red dead redemption 2

Started by Mouth for war, Sat 04/03/2023 20:11:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Yeah...So! I recently finished Days gone and that is the best damn game I've ever played. It had everything that I like in a game and after that I went on to play Red Dead 2, another fabulous game...but...Now, everything else just feels like crap. I fired up Witcher 3 because it's supposed to be such a great game but I get bored immediately. I guess I'm kind of sick of that most rpg's must be fantasy/medieval. Are there any games you can suggest? (I hate first person games unfortunately otherwise I'm sure there'd be quite a few games to play) :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Babar

I actually found RDR2 too boring, and gave up on it. I found Witcher 3 a bit slow to get into as well, but at least I went through and finished it (not really motivated to complete the DLCs/expansions, though).

Not sure what sort of game you're looking for, from your description, it sounds like you want a non-fantasy/medieval RPG.

You might be interested in Horizon: Zero Dawn? It's not a typical fantasy setting (being set in the future). Or you might try Cyberpunk 2077, the setting is, as the name suggests, cyberpunk (and I hear it is playable now). Likewise for Deus Ex: Human Revolutions and Mankind Divided.

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Danvzare

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sat 04/03/2023 20:11:10Yeah...So! I recently finished Days gone and that is the best damn game I've ever played. It had everything that I like in a game and after that I went on to play Red Dead 2, another fabulous game...but...Now, everything else just feels like crap. I fired up Witcher 3 because it's supposed to be such a great game but I get bored immediately. I guess I'm kind of sick of that most rpg's must be fantasy/medieval. Are there any games you can suggest? (I hate first person games unfortunately otherwise I'm sure there'd be quite a few games to play) :D
Wow, really? Only Days Gone and Red Dead Redemption?
I envy you if that's where you've set the bar for quality.  (wrong)

I played Deus Ex (the original) when I was a kid, and that game set the bar for me when it comes down to quality. It took me over a decade to realize that Deus Ex was the exception and not the rule. So for the longest time, I just thought every First Person Shooter I was buying was utterly terrible.  (laugh)
(And if you think I'm being silly, I would like to add that most AAA games can't be bothered to put in functioning mirrors.)

Mouth for war

Well danvzare....seeing your game I guess you really know quality....to all the others. Thanks for the suggestions :-)

lorenzo

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sat 04/03/2023 20:11:10Now, everything else just feels like crap. [...] Are there any games you can suggest?
May I suggest Barbie Explorer?

It's Barbie™, so you know it's good. It's a quality brand that never disappoints.

It's third-person because otherwise you wouldn't be able to see Barbie™'s wonderful taste for clothing and smashing figure.

It's not fantasy/medieval because it's Barbie™ and she doesn't need to be either fantasy nor medieval. She is wonderful as she is.

Pros of the game:
- You get to explore with Barbie™
- You get to enjoy Barbie™'s company and witty banter
- It's like Indiana Jones but with Barbie™, so it's automatically better.

Cons:
- It's not available on digital distribution, but I have found a cheap copy on eBay for only 1800 USD, which is a steal for Barbie™.

This post was not sponsored by Barbie™ (but it should).

Mouth for war

lorenzo

LimpingFish

Cyberpunk 2077 is perfectly playable as it stands. It was a buggy mess when it first lurched into view, no doubt about it, but I only came to it towards the end of last year, and it's in much better shape now (it does seem to randomly crash every now and again, but the autosave is usually only a few minutes behind). I put over 140 hours into it (XB Series X) before I was done, and found nothing egregiously broken with the performance in general; at least nothing that you wouldn't also see in similar games.

Plus it has really floppy penises, at least on the character creation screen, and they're always funny.

I played a little of Days Gone on the PS4 (it runs quite well on a Pro), though it didn't really grab me. Seemed like a perfectly decent zombie game, though.

I'm not really a fan of Rockstar Games, so I haven't played RDR 2...or RDR, for that matter. :-\

Other games open-world-type games I played, though I wouldn't necessarily commit to recommending them...State of Decay 2? I lost interest after a while, but it's seemed solid. Generation Zero had a interesting setting (1980's Sweden) but the gameplay loop wasn't engaging. Combat wasn't particularly fun, either.

If something is on Game Pass or PSPlus, I'll usually give it a go. But if it doesn't grab me within that initial play, I'll just move on. Time is too valuable a commodity to spend playing games that end up feeling like a chore.

Having said that, I highly recommend PowerWash Simulator, which turns an actual chore into a very satisfying game!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Danvzare

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sun 05/03/2023 13:25:26Well danvzare....seeing your game I guess you really know quality....to all the others. Thanks for the suggestions :-)
Are you insulting Deus Ex and my taste in games?  ???

Because if so, have you played it? Do you legitimately hate the game? If so, please tell me why?
I can list everything wrong with the game from the graphics, the difficulty, to the broken stealth mechanics, so I'd understand why someone would hate it (even though I believe the pros far outweigh the cons). But I'd love to hear what your reasons are.

If you haven't played it, then you really REALLY need to play it.  (nod)

It's not my favourite game of all time. That'd probably go to something like Dwarf Fortress or Timesplitters Future Perfect. But it is what I would consider one of the best games of all time.

Mouth for war

I actually played State of Decay 2 for a while and it was fun for like 10 hours...then it just became incredibly repetitive and boring. Quests are totally uninteresting, characters are bland. It could've been a great game. Days gone was a great game. I love that they had those rpg elements so it was worth exploring and killing everything...clearing an enemy camp could give you awesome crafting recipes etc. Oh and taking on a horde, alone against a few hundred zombies that runs after you was super fun....and eztremely stressful :-D

Mouth for war

"Wow, really? Only Days Gone and Red Dead Redemption?
I envy you if that's where you've set the bar for quality."

And THAT wasn't an insult you genious?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk