Future Flashback

Started by eri0o, Sun 30/07/2017 04:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Surdy

WOW! A lot of Blade Runner's dystopia good vibes here :D Love it. Keep up the good work.

BrainMayhem

It's cool to see other brazilian folks fiddling with AGS!
Best luck with your game, I'm sure you guys will have an amazing time developing it :D

nanoriver

Can you please do me a favour and release the game right now? :cheesy:
I love the screenshots and already cant wait to get my hands on this :)

ricardojuchem

Hello, I am the artist behind this project and I just want to thank you people for the kind words.
I'm glad that you are getting some of the references.

Stay tuned for updates. Cheers!

I use squares to make some art.

eri0o

Hey guys! So here's a small update, this time I wanted to show the game music! ;)

eri0o

Hello!

Small update here, showing the process an idea becomes a sketch, mock-up and gets coded inside the game, the idea here being the game menu as a part of the game itself.

Also, in YouTube, you need at least 100 subscribers to get a pretty url that's easy to type for the channel, so please subscribe to our channel!

shaun9991

This is looking great, nice work!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

rongel

Looks great, the background in the video is very atmospheric too. Good luck with the project!
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Pilchard

Just caught up on this thread and saw the videos. I love the backgrounds we've seen so far, and that menu system is really neat. Keep it up!

Gurok

That video was really entertaining, eri0! Did I hear you right? Did you say middle click to bring up the phone UI? I'd suggest an alternate way to bring up the menu. Maybe Tab or Esc, or just something you can click on. It was really interesting hearing you talk about the design process. It's great that you can collaborate so openly on design. The passion for your project really shines through and I hope you can keep it up! :)
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

LimboJimbo84

I love the art style combined with the music, really works well! Can't wait to get my hands on this, good luck with development! :smiley:

ricardojuchem

I began to work on the character portraits. Please note that they are still WIP.

After some tests painting on higher resolution, with pen pressure and lots of colors, I decide to paint them on low resolution [about 120x120 area per character].
I think that a cleaner look with less colours works better with the game overall style. I hope you like it.

Cheers!

BunnyDeFluff

That estimated release date together with those screenshots tell me this game is actually going to happen. Keep it up op.

Blondbraid

I think the character portraits look great!

ricardojuchem

Quote from: BunnyDeFluff on Wed 04/10/2017 15:15:59
That estimated release date together with those screenshots tell me this game is actually going to happen. Keep it up op.

We are working hard to keep it up. Thanks for the support. :)

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 04/10/2017 15:54:35
I think the character portraits look great!

Thanks! I'm really enjoying work on them.

Cheers.

Hobo

I'm glad you decided to go with the low-res portraits, fits better with the rest of the game, at least in my opinion.

selmiak

These characters look pretty good and pretty pretty, I like'em ;-D
You could add some more subtle highlight light from behind or from the sides like in your forum avatar. It should look pretty cool when you make this in one color, leave on a new layer and add this light on top of the portrait within AGS and change the color of the light (by code or by changing the color in the paintproggy and importing lots of files into AGS) according to the location the characters are and how the lighting happenes in that scene.

ricardojuchem

Quote from: Hobo on Fri 06/10/2017 21:13:00
I'm glad you decided to go with the low-res portraits, fits better with the rest of the game, at least in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice :)

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 07/10/2017 11:10:56
These characters look pretty good and pretty pretty, I like'em ;-D
You could add some more subtle highlight light from behind or from the sides like in your forum avatar. It should look pretty cool when you make this in one color, leave on a new layer and add this light on top of the portrait within AGS and change the color of the light (by code or by changing the color in the paintproggy and importing lots of files into AGS) according to the location the characters are and how the lighting happenes in that scene.

I'm glad that you liked. We are planning to make rim lights / color correction according to the room lighting. It's like you took a look inside of our brains. ;)

eri0o

Gameplay Video (with comments)
Warning: the video contains the first 7 minutes of gameplay, if you want to be in without having any idea on the game, don't watch.

Hello everyone,

We decided it's a smart decision to share the gameplay of the game we are making and get feedback on what we are doing. Below are some questions, maybe someone has some ideas for one or all of them.

1 - I want to target the game for people who likes point and click adventures, but I want the game to be able to introduce to someone who has never played anything in the genre to it. Is this basic first level making sense?

2 - The action popus explained in the video, are they a good or bad idea? Are they a good idea but they need to be implemented differently? I came up with them because people playing the game couldn't grasp in the first ten minutes the right click and left click functions (look/interact). Jumping in mario is obvious because mario jumps!

3 - Are the dialogs too long or are they good in size?

4 - Suggestions on the basic UI? I am planning on re skin the BASS template and add some buttons for the phone menu.

5 - Any other comments, or ideas or encouragement is also appreciated!

Oh, and the video has subtitles, we noticed some voice was hard to understand but the world was too noisy to re-record the audio.
8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk