Future Flashback

Started by eri0o, Sun 30/07/2017 04:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

Story:

Behold a future where a drug is capable of recreate vivid memories. Untangle the obsessive mind of an ex surgeon, that after an accident starts reliving the memories of a girl he never met, seeing her past, looking into her dreams and unfolding the mysterious future they share together.

Expected Release date: 2020

Story by Guilherme Henrique
Programing by Erico Porto
Art by Ricardo Juchem
Music by Jordan Pool

Screenshots:

Blog | YouTube Channel | Facebook Page | Twitter @futureflashbck | presskit() | indieDB

Update Log:
0 - 30 Jul 2017 - Game Announcement
1 - 31 Aug 2017 - Theme Music Reveal
2 - 24 Sep 2017 - Game Menu is a Smartphone
3 - 02 Oct 2017 - Characters Portrait Reveal
4 - 19 Oct 2017 - Gameplay video of First Level
5 - 28 Oct 2017 - Title Screen and updated Theme Music
6 -  4 Nov 2017 - We Have a Website
7 - 10 Nov 2017 - The evolution of a background art
8 - 14 Nov 2017 - Social Networks + Ship of Theseus Development
9 - 17 Dec 2017 - Screenshot and New Background
10 -  8 Apr 2018 - More Screenshots
11 - 10 Jul 2018 - One more screenshot, art streaming and Future Flashback in a game event!
12 - 21 Aug 2018 - Geek & Game Rio Festival 2018
13 - 17 Sep 2018 - Going to AdventureX
14 - 18 Nov 2018 - Future Flashback on AdventureX
15 - 15 Dec 2018 - Library Screenshot
16 - 31 Dec 2018 - 2018 Recap
17 - 13 Feb 2019 - Steam Capsules poll
18 - 13 Jul 2019 - A small update of themes

Frodo

Loving those screenshots!  :cheesy:
And the story is intriguing, as well.  :grin:

horusr

Very nice graphics and I wonder how can we play that story.
But 2019 a little far away :(

selmiak

neon world GFX are always cool! Looking great so far and the story blurb is also very interesting. The only downside is the release date that is so far away!!! :-D

Riaise

This looks great and the story sounds intriguing. I'm interested to hear more about it!

dactylopus

Sounds like an interesting story, and it looks fantastic!

Nixxon

Aaarrgh what sexy artwork. Really nice!

Gurok

This looks very nice!

You've picked a very reasonable release date too.

I wish you the best of luck with getting it done.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Cassiebsg

Good luck with this. (nod)
Lovely art and intriguing story.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CrashPL

I'm getting some sweet Blade Runner/Akira flashbacks just by watching the screenshots. Definitely gonna keep my eye on this one. :)

CaptainD

This project is giving me serious Technobablyon vibes.  All the best with production, definitely one to keep an eye on!

Hobo

Looks great and I'm digging that story pitch. Also, well done on the realistic release date :) Most AGS projects really underestimate the length of their development process.

eri0o

Guys you are all great, thanks for the positive responses! This community is awesome! :-D

The release date is a bit in the future, I know. We have already planned the whole game, we broke it in how many AGS rooms we are going to have, and extrapolated the time to end development from the time we spent in each room we already developed, so hopefully this is reasonably realistic.

The game interface will allow the player to interact and look using the mouse, and have an inventory to store and use items, we started from the BASS template and have been iterating from there. The game resolution is going to be 320x180, so it will scale nice in 16:9 screens.

Fitz

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 02/08/2017 12:21:42
This project is giving me serious Technobablyon vibes.  All the best with production, definitely one to keep an eye on!

My first thought was Until I Have You -- especially the story revolving around a guy haunted by memories of a girl. Looks and sounds great. And kudos for devising a realistic schedulue and ETA.

AnasAbdin

Great story and awesome art :)
Looking forward playing the game 8-)

Atavismus

Pixel art the way it should be!
Be sure I just pushed the "Notify" button ;)

LimboJimbo84

Looks awesome, I was drawn in by the title which reminded me of the Amiga game Flashback. Kind of a similar vibe going on, can't wait to play this

Mandle

Quote from: Gurok on Mon 31/07/2017 04:41:11
This looks very nice!

You've picked a very reasonable release date too.

I wish you the best of luck with getting it done.

+1

How many times have we seen WIP posts naming a release date within the year only to either fade away and never be heard from again or show up two years later with an announcement that the game is almost finished, or even finally get released 5-10 years later?

A realistic schedule tells me at least that you have the staying power to get the game done, or at least release it at some point even if it's not 100% what you had planned out right at the start.

It looks awesome so far and best of luck!

SilverSpook

Looks cyberpunktastic! Would you be interested in being on a podcast? I specialize in cyberpunk, sci-fi and story-rich adventure games, and would love to have a chat if you'd like to promote your game there.

SarahLiz

Ooooo, this looks really neat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk