1 (7.1%)
Finger of Suspicion by Slasher
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: Fri 16/03/2018 01:15:37

MAGS Host

The voting is over and the winner of MAGS February is:

Wilfred:2088 by HanaIndiana.

Well done Hana. You'll be contacted soon about choosing a theme for April.

Thanks to all participants and voters.

White Bear Beauty Chlorinde and the Paranormal Parrot by DBoyWheeler
Wilfred:2088 by HanaIndiana
A Martyr of Time by Mandle
Finger of Suspicion by Slasher

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

Vote using the poll above

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite
* don't forget to leave a comment and rating on the AGS games database

Voting Ends: March 15th

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic: Mix and Match
This month's guidelines were set by Slasher

The rules are as follows:

A) Pick a Genre from below
Horror
Drama
Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Comedy

B) Pick a setting from below
Historical
Contemporary
In the future

C) Pick a location from below
Old house
Spaceship or Space station
Underground tunnels
Deserted city
Under the sea

Your game must include a pet with an extraordinary talent/gift...

Once you have made your 3 choices then begin making your game and good luck to you all... (nod)

Ending:  Feb 28th

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules

• You may work in a team to produce an entry.
• You are not allowed to use any material created before the competition. Your game must be completely new! An exception is music and sound; you can use any audio that is freely available to the public.
• Any modules and templates featured in this board are also allowed.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

âÅ"“ A working download link
âÅ"“ The title of your game
âÅ"“ A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

DBoyWheeler

Okay, I wrote down the ideas (from the rules list) that I might plan to do.

Comedy setting, contemporary, old house (on an island, but still the "old house" setting).

Special pet is a parrot with psychic powers (telepathy, telekinesis, etc.)  Way better than wuss boy owl Cedric, huh?

How's this for an idea so far?

Riaise

Great theme, Slasher! ;-D It'll be fun to see which themes people pick!

Click'd

I wonder if someone will go for Sci-Fi, Historical. That would be truly mix and match.

Slasher

Keep going, guys.....

Have fun (laugh)

Will I enter???????????????????????????? We'll have to see (laugh)

CaptainD

Quote from: Cl... on Thu 01/02/2018 14:02:07
I wonder if someone will go for Sci-Fi, Historical. That would be truly mix and match.

Time travel... :-D

HanaIndiana

You read my mind CaptainD :)  I might do something like that, but I don't know. This is a great theme Slasher... so many possibilities.

UPDATE: Okay, it was too many options for me, so I picked them all out of a hat. Well, my desk drawer.
Perhaps I'll keep my randomized game topic a surprise (unless I'm supposed to share). This should be fun!

cat

I'm looking forward to play all the historical space station dramas :P

Slasher

I'v been deep in thought and....

Thought I would try something different (he who dares ;))

Title:  Finger of suspicion.

An investigative/Drama, Historical, Old house... Think of 'Her Story' as this game is based on searching by keywords from statements said to further the investigation.

After a dinner party at Fairfax Manor, socialite Dorothy Moore had been found dead. The police have sent you to investigate as they can't fathom out her unexpected death.

Lord and Lady Fairfax say it must have been the ghost of Fairfax Manor that had murdered Dorothy Moore by scaring her to death.

Was it really a ghost that killed Dorothy Moore?

You must use all your detective instincts and deductive skills to find out if it was murder by a  ghost or by a living person by seeking out clues.

Use your Investigative Search facility to delve deeper into clues you discover/hear that will help solve this mysterious death.

Your pet rat, Hugo will squeak if he hears a lie.

This game will be very GUI based and will use real life videos (If I can get the people to make them.)

There is to be 9 characters:
* Lord Fairfax
* Lady Fairfax
* Simon Fairfax (Son)
* Jeeves the Butler
* The Cook
* The Gardener
* Pierre a dinner guest
* Pierres wife a dinner guest
* Major Smith a dinner guest

Now i just have to make it (laugh)

Riaise

Been there, done that. :P

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Fri 02/02/2018 13:54:55

Been there, done that. :P

(laugh) Indeed you have! And I know which great game that was without clicking!

Slasher

Following some inquiries about the video part roles I may be able to fulfill this vital part of the game.

Offers for video part roles welcomed.

UPDATED Screenshot in production:

TheFrighter

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Thu 01/02/2018 16:30:30
You read my mind CaptainD :)  I might do something like that, but I don't know. This is a great theme Slasher... so many possibilities.

UPDATE: Okay, it was too many options for me, so I picked them all out of a hat. Well, my desk drawer.
Perhaps I'll keep my randomized game topic a surprise (unless I'm supposed to share). This should be fun!
Quote from: cat on Thu 01/02/2018 21:09:18
I'm looking forward to play all the historical space station dramas :P
By the way i did a little search in database and resuls 0 games horror+historical and 0 games sci-fi+historical. That's a pity.

_

Slasher

That's because they may not be under that catargory selection..

Slasher

Come on you guys not entering... join me and make some videos for my game 8-)

slasher

DBoyWheeler

I'm right now working on the main character sprite.

(Since February is the shortest month, I might need to keep the game simple as possible, so it'll be the main character, the pet with special powers, a couple rooms and objects.  Since the main character is in a bikini, there wouldn't be a place to put inventory, so I'm gonna get creative with how objects are interacted with.)

TheFrighter

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Sun 04/02/2018 20:41:54(Since the main character is in a bikini, there wouldn't be a place to put inventory, so I'm gonna get creative with how objects are interacted with.)
Or maybe use a larger bkini!

(laugh)

_

Jojo_the_monkey

Hello!! I am long-time adventure fan, but a 'newbie' in the ags community. Although, I am a musician and I like to contribute and practice my skills. I always wanted to contribute to the adventure game scene, so I thought mags is a good way to start. Please pm me to send you some samples. I would like to have your response. Thanks a lot.
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

Mandle

Actually, having missed the deadline for January MAGS was probably a blessing in disguise for me this time around:

I realized today that I had wanted to expand the rather simple puzzle-based game that I didn't get working into something with a bit more meat on the bone.

And then I realized that I actually started work on the game last Saturday, which was February 3rd.

So then I realized that I can legally enter it in THIS month's MAGS.

And THEN a whole storyline and game that I can use the puzzle mechanic in came crashing into my head out of nowhere on my bicycle ride home from work (which is where I come up with most ideas)...

Long story short: I'm in for this month's MAGS!

Slasher

Updated screenshot

Due to time restraints I will not be able to include the videos I would have liked so I have opted for just voices. I am upset about this but hopefully will include all videos in a deluxe game later this year...

Please forgive me (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk