How to quickly get a text document of my entire game for spellchecking

Started by doctorhibert, Sun 11/02/2018 23:38:42

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorhibert

Hey, so I suck at writing, so there's a bunch of spelling mistakes in my game. AGS doesn't have an in built spellchecker (as far as I know), and I already checked the game manually, so I was thinking of just getting a text document and putting it through something like word to spellcheck automatically. Is there some way to just get the code from all parts of the game and put it in a txt or something? Or will I have to manually go through each different page and copy/paste it into word? Or is there some way to just show the entire code in a way akin to something like visual studio? Also, is word a good idea? Do you guys know of any better spellcheckers?

Crimson Wizard

Unless there are some plugins that do that, I cannot think of other way than creating a dummy translation file for your game. It will put all text into one file, which you may open in any text editor with spellchecking.

Egmundo Huevoz

EDIT: lol, it seems I repeated the answer posted above by CW, disregard my comment (laugh)

Maybe you could make a "translation"?
You see, when translating, AGS creates a file with all the text from your game, so it can be quickly translated. As you could translate fron English to Spanish, for example, you could also use that file to "translate" from "misspelled English" to "correctly spelled English" (laugh) You can open that file with any text editor.
I actually thought about using the translate feature for something like this. To make a game where the character swears, and in the menu, you can turn swearings off (replacing those words with symbols like â,¬@#~ or whatever) by using a translated file.

I don't know if it's feasible, I think it is, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Egmundo Huevoz on Mon 12/02/2018 01:22:31
I actually thought about using the translate feature for something like this. To make a game where the character swears, and in the menu, you can turn swearings off (replacing those words with symbols like â,¬@#~ or whatever) by using a translated file.

I don't know if it's feasible, I think it is, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, that is possible. Translation feature simply changes one line of text with another. You may use it even to modify story text. Not sure if it's the optimal way to do so though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk