AGS World Cup 2018 Prediction League (FINISHED - CONGRATULATIONS HAGGIS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 23/03/2018 03:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

First of all, thank you to everyone who took part in this prediction league. It was great fun to host.
Thanks also to Khris, whose contribution to the spreadsheet four years ago still forms the bones of the spreadsheet used this time.
I hope you all enjoyed it, even though Haggis dominated from quite early on, I hope that you enjoyed some of the tussles going on further down the table.
Shortly I will upload the final adjusted table.

Now to the result. Of course.
Well done to HAGGIS. You are the winner of the tournament.
There is a little prize. I hereby present you with the AGS Prediction League World Cup courtesy of your closest rival, ManicMatt. Thanks Matt.

The beautiful game!
No, I don't mean Phantasmagoria.
I mean Soccer.

Football fever is nearly upon us and suddenly we're all armchair experts again.
That can only mean 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia is nearly upon us.

Predict the scores, win points, become a champion.

Make Your Predictions Here!

This year, we have a special predictions website. You only need to enter your forum name and predictions. That's also where you'll find all the rules and updates (via a twitter timeline).

I will be maintaining THIS SPREADSHEET and league table on a publicly viewable document. I won't always be able to update things straight away. But rest assured, if you submitted a valid prediction before the deadline, it will count, even if you can't see it reflected in the spreadsheets and updates straight away. It just means I'm probably asleep or at work.  I'm in the Japanese time-zone through this, so please bear with me.

I think that's all for now. Let me know if you have any Queries.

Good Luck and Happy Predicting!   

Rules
Spoiler

Rules

(1a) Offiicially, predictions for the first round of 48 group stages games will be accepted right up until the first game (Russia vs. Saudi Arabia) kicks off at 16:00BST on June 14th.   
(1b) To allow for late comers, the League will remain open to new participants until all teams have played one game (namely 18:00BST on June 19th). Of course, you may not submit a score for any games that have already been played.   

(2a) Scoring will work like this for each game:   
If you predict the correct RESULT you score ONE point (RESULT here means correctly predicting the winning team or correctly predicting a tie/draw).   
If you predict the correct SCORE you score THREE points (SCORE here means correctly predicting the actual scoreline).   
If you FAIL to make a correct prediction you score NIL points   
NOTE: This year, unlike previous years, there are no point deductions for failing to submit a prediction. You simply won't be able to score.   

(3a) During the knockout stages all points are DOUBLED (so TWO points for correct RESULT or SIX points for correct SCORE).   
(3b) For the FINAL, all points will be TRIPLED (THREE for RESULT or NINE for SCORE). I hope this will add some excitement.   
NOTE: This year there are no wildcards predictions.

(4a) Please submit your predictions using the online form provided (ags-prediction-league.000webhostapp.com) and provide your Forum Name. Your predictions will be emailed to a special email address.
(4b) Please submit all the predictions in one go for each stage of the competition. This will mean making all 48 group stage predictions in one sitting. But it will get dramitically easier in the knockout stages.
NOTE: Do not type any personal or private information into the text fields. Your AGS forum name and your predictions are the only things you will need to post. You will never be asked for any other information.

(5a) You may submit predictions for knockout stage games from the moment that all the games of the previous stage are completed (e.g. Once all the group stage games have been played you may submit predictions for the Last 16 round).   
(5b) I will prompt for relevant predictions when the time comes.

(6) Once you have submitted a prediction for a game, it cannot be changed (unless you can convince me there is an extremely good reason for doing so).

(7) Only results after normal time count (90 mins + time added on). Goals scored during extra time or penalties will not be included. So, if you predicted a 1-1 draw and the game goes on to extra tme and finishes 2-1, you will still win the points provided the score at the regular full-time whistle was 1-1.

(8) I will be maintaining the spreadsheet and league table on a publicly viewable document. I will also keep the league table in this first post as updated as possible, though I won't always be able to update things straight away. But rest assured, if you submitted a valid prediction before the deadline, it will count, even if you can't see it reflected in the spreadsheet yet. It just means I'm probably asleep or at work. I'm in the Japanese time-zone through this, so please bear with me.   

-Stu
[close]

Privateer Puddin'

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

Kumpel

TheFrighter

Sinitrena

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 23/03/2018 03:46:14
At this stage I'm just after a show of hands. So if you are interested, show me your hands.

;)

Vincent

I am in Stupot! :-D

Quote from: TheFrighther on Sat 24/03/2018 13:45:43
Not me. I'm the only italian who hate soccer.:P

Ciao un italiano che odia il calcio!:)

Haggis

We're gonna play football SOCCER football SOCCCER football SOCCER all around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxqmAxDlYU

Im in.

henrikes

SinSin

Currently working on a project!

Baron

Sign me up!  And, er... nudge me before the deadline! :=

Stupot

Thanks for the shows of hands so far. I've been slowly setting things up behind the scenes. I've made a php form that people can use to submit their guesses and sends me an email with all the predictions. Look at me, coding master.

CaptainD

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 23/04/2018 03:35:02
Thanks for the shows of hands so far. I've been slowly setting things up behind the scenes. I've made a php form that people can use to submit their guesses and sends me an email with all the predictions. Look at me, coding master.

All hail Stu the Coding Master! 8-)

Stupot

Just a bump to say the prediction website will be going live preeeetty soon.

Stupot

The beautiful game!
No, I don't mean Phantasmagoria.
I mean Soccer.

Football fever is nearly upon us and suddenly we're all armchair experts again.
That can only mean 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia is nearly upon us.

Predict the scores, win points, become a champion.

Make Your Predictions Here!

This year, we have a special predictions website. You only need to enter your forum name and predictions. That's also where you'll find all the rules and updates (via a twitter timeline).

I will be maintaining THIS SPREADSHEET and league table on a publicly viewable document. I won't always be able to update things straight away. But rest assured, if you submitted a valid prediction before the deadline, it will count, even if you can't see it reflected in the spreadsheets and updates straight away. It just means I'm probably asleep or at work.  I'm in the Japanese time-zone through this, so please bear with me.

I think that's all for now. Let me know if you have any Queries.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk