Re: Space Rangers Ep. 8 - the Rouge Robot (FINISHED)

Started by Grok, Sun 01/04/2018 07:32:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

I have now finished the third game in the Space Rangers serial
The two first

ep. 46 the Devil Within
and
ep. 52 the Redemption of Grisli Adams
where made with AGS

this one
ep. 8 the Rouge Robot is a 3D game

https://www.youtube.com/embed/j3jhunGghug

The game can be download from
Gamejolt
Itch.io
My webpage

Each of the games in the serial can be played on its own. If going through all games the order in which they have been done (46, 52, 8) is in my opinion the best.

Blondbraid

Congratulations to the release! I'll try to download and install it when I find the time!

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release and happy to see you still making games. (nod)
Though I prefer your drawing style to some random 3D characters.

What's it made with? Unity or something else?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Grok

@Blondbraid Thanks :)

@Cassiebgs
Thanks

I've used RealityFactory which is built on Genesis3D. RF is a bit aged (which have given me some trouble), but it has a fairly easy to use editor for level building and a script system (which can be a bit tricky, but still is better than having to do it all from scratch). RF has a lot of documentation which was important for me as I was learning this with very little previous knowledge of 3D-game-making. It also helps that RF used to have an active community leaving a lot of useful questions and answers on it's forum. The community is a lot less active today, but still has some life to it.

I've made all models in the game (except three) myself from scratch. Texture, rigging and animation as well.
The three I did not make, someone else in the community made special for this game. Two of those (two different robots) I made texture, rigging and animation for. The 3:de (a rifle) I've incorporated with a model of the main villain and made animations for.

So it is still very much my art and I have strived for keeping a similar look to what was used in the two earlier games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk