'Alien Rape Escape'

Started by AGA, Mon 21/04/2003 04:47:45

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

A collaboration between me and scotch, with help from Flippy_D and Alkaline.

It was supposed to be the first team hourgame, but ended up more as a team 550 hour game...

Game: 1.80Mb
Voice pack: 2.93Mb

EDIT: now with voices - provided by LGM and eVOLVE. If you've downloaded it before, you'll need to redownload the game to use the voices. For voices unzip the speech.vox into the same directory as the game.

Quickstrike

i got an error before the intro finished thatt said that an invalid character was specified in room 2, line 17
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Squinky

Mine says the same thing, right when she walks into the seedy building....Looked damn cool up to that point though...

scotch

Damn bastard AGA >:(
He didn't even check it.. I'd give you beta 3, but the ending isn't as good ._.

UPDATE!!!

that error is in the intro.. for now you could try pressing 'skip intro'.

the game maye be screwed up still I'll try it now.

Nostradamus

I clicked Skip Intro and started playing. Too bad about the intro, it looked good. You should fix that.
I like the game, it's funny and the Leisure Suit Larry style music is really in place.
I'm stuck pretty much at the end:
Spoiler
In the director's room, I tied the rope with the door handle. But I can't use on it on anything and interacting with anything else doesn't do anything. What's next to do?
[close]

Igor

Haven't play it yet (i want to see intro first), but start of introduction sequence looks like a lot of fun! Fix it, fix it! ;)

AGA

Nostradamus:

Spoiler
Look at the window...
[close]

danny*

great game(so far)!!!
love it!!!
Spoiler
i got scissors,back massager,nailfile,pvc swatch,...what do i do?
[close]

scotch

danny,

Spoiler
Try using them together
[close]

BerserkerTails

Danny:
Spoiler
Try combining everything except the scissors. Kinda like a screwdriver. Too bad it falls apart everytime you try to open the vent with it. You need to keep it together. What happens to PVC when it gets hot?
[close]

Great game! A few bugs though:

Pressing Ctrl-X lets you teleport between rooms.
The (Non existant) north walking animation need work  ;)

Other than that, pretty good.
I make music.

danny*

thanks BerserkerTails!!! ;)

scotch

*scotch beats AGA for leaving debug mode on

Timosity

Great game, I love it.

Just played and finished it in about 20mins,

I guess you must have fixed the intro cause it worked for me, I did get 1 error right at the end though,

Spoiler
just at the end when she shows her tits, there is a dialog box, when you click to remove it the game crashes and gives an error  in Room 6 Line 23

I guess there is probably nothing after that, at least I got to see her tits
[close]

remixor

Nice game so far, looking good.  I like the groovy tune  8)

I seem to be stuck, however.
Spoiler
I'm in the room with the big ass alien on the bed, and I've constructed the marshmallows (euuughhgh) :-X  I can't find anything else to interact with, and I've tried using the marshmallows on everything.  The rope seems important but I can't use or look at it.
[close]
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Timosity

remixor, so close, what other thing could you do to the alien

AGA

Be sure you've read the manual and understand exactly how the interface works...

MadReizka

BTW why does the teleport to room thing still work?
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

AGA

I uploaded a newer version, where it shouldn't work...

Pet Terry

Heh, a neat little game! Cool art and music and plot was funny. Couple of small things though... walking animations had some pink pixels from sprite's background color and while walking up there wasn't lots of animation.. and is it possible to save over existing game? Because I saved couple of times and everytime it saved to new slot. And I got same error as Timosity in the end.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk