The Rat Pack Do Cheesy Castle

Started by Slasher, Thu 31/05/2018 09:45:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

--------------------------- May MAG competition---------------------------

This game deals with oppression and having the courage to face the oppressor.
It's a kind of Robin Hood story.

You may notice the link connection with the characters and the topic (laugh)

Storyline:

There had been years of oppression and cheese starvation under King Rat. One day, after having had enough Del, Rodney and Trigger pluck up the courage to put an end to it and plan taking all of King Rat's cheese and feeding the cheese starved. So they pack their lunchboxes and set off to King Rat's Cheesy Castle. Of course getting there is another story as they have to first make their way through a wood to find Checkpoint Charlie, and so their journey begins.

Once they eventually arrive at Cheesy Castle they need to avoid being seen and sneak into the castle. If seen they are put into a dungeon. Once inside the castle they must search the tower and take any cheese they can get. Their eventual aim is to get King Rat and his rat soldiers out of the tower and go to the top of the tower where they can take all the cheese that is there which includes melted Camembert running down the walls and a floor of cheddar cheese.

Beware that you don't get caught as King Rat's soldiers are cut-throats that like to skin lesser rats!

Along the way meet Bovis a villager, Clive who is King Rat's jester, Duncan the Donkey who has an injured leg, a wild Coyote and a rat soldier who wants to jazz up his cheese sandwich!

All solutions to problems can be solved with food... Yes, food.

You can switch who the main character is to either Del, Rodney or Trigger during the game. Keep an eye on your 'Cheese-ometer' as it shows the current weight of cheese taken.

Once you get to the castle you may if you so wish abort and go home.

Be aware that there is some humor towards the end that may offend some! (but not me...he who dares ;))

You may notice the link connections between the characters and the Topic.

Screenshots

Specs:
640 X 480 resolution
32 Bit color
Direct3D9 hardware acceleration

Download: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2256/

CaptainD

I like the first part of your game's title! (laugh)(laugh)

Congrats on yet another game release!

Slasher

CaptainD

Just to add to my comments on the MAGS thread, this was a fun game with mostly easy puzzles (but one or two slightly trickier ones), and a lot of fun banter between the characters.  My young daughters loved it too! :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk