Fortnightly Writing Competition: Dwindling Party (Results)

Started by Baron, Mon 01/10/2018 04:03:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Too busy to close this properly at the moment, so I'll leave it open for voting until Friday.  Sorry! :-[

Baron

All righty then!  I figured Sinitrena had this one in the bag, so all the trophies are skull-sperms. :=  Sorry!

First place goes to JudasFm for her Blade Runner-esque tale of flawed clones escaping from flawed humans.  I was a little confused by a weak introduction of the fifth member of the party (Astra), but in the end I was able to piece it all together.  Your notes on the broader story make me intrigued to read further as well!  I liked how all of your characters were so distinct from each other physically and personality-wise, although I suppose that's also why their alliance crumbled so easily....  It's like a rogue mutant clone just can't catch any breaks, right?

Second place goes to Sinitrena, which hopefully results in some sort of fraternal twin scenario since otherwise the second place sperm is sadly redundant.  I for one would be interested in at least a synopsis of your lost work....

So I guess that's it for another round.  True to any Dwindling Party horror trope, the real heroes are the supporting cast who crashed out of the competition in order that our two finalists could successfully submit their entries in the end.  Hopefully everyone shows equal dedication next round by sticking to the theme with equal vigour. :P

Take it away, JudasFm!

JudasFm

Quote from: Baron on Sat 27/10/2018 03:49:21
All righty then!  I figured Sinitrena had this one in the bag, so all the trophies are skull-sperms. :=  Sorry!

Your notes on the broader story make me intrigued to read further as well!

Take it away, JudasFm!

Well, you're very welcome to pick up a copy of the book too if you like (laugh) Also, skull sperm trophies are fun!
I know what I'm doing for the next round, so I'll have it up either tonight or tomorrow ;)

Sinitrena

Quote from: Baron on Sat 27/10/2018 03:49:21

You must have designed them before Judas posted her story, otherwise I have no idea why you would think that. But they do look pretty fun ;)

Congratulations, Judas, a more than deservd win. By the way, I bought your book, but haven't started reading yet. If it is as good as the short story, then I have no doubt that I'll enjoy it. (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk