AGS as Snap for Ubuntu and derivatives on Linux

Started by eri0o, Sun 28/10/2018 01:25:00

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

So, I think I sucessfully built AGS ENGINE for Linux and packed as Snap.

To test it, you need first to install, just launch a Terminal anywhere and type:

Code: bash

snap install ags

Once it's installed, in the game folder (where the .exe file is) just run it:

ags

in some systems, fullscreen is problematic, then try:

ags --windowed

Please, report issues in the tracker here or this thread.

Also, AGS seems to have successfully built on the following systems: amd64/i386/arm64/armhf/s390x . This means it should work on any Ubuntu/snap compatible distribution on the Raspiberry Pi !

eri0o

If someone happens to be using this please let me know, I haven't updated it for a while because I had no answers here and maintaining this can be a bit not trivial.

Dualnames

Is there a chance we can upgrade this to 3.5.0.26?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

eri0o

I need this commit: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/commit/fa1541996caa05ba739fe9897b03fcb23824a24a#diff-ab6eb144429f13e1d4d0ea3bda99d6f31ca7b527b50777281a36fdaac4be4e6f

On this branch: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/tree/release-3.5.0/Engine

If someone can do this, I can upgrade it to the latest 3.5.0 release.

Also, Duals, if it's for testing Strangeland you need the plugins too!

eri0o

Sorry, CW, I should avoid commenting stuff when I am in bed, I was just going through my notes to find out what happened and noticed that missing.

I can make the PR but I also remembered other thing, I had a hard time getting sound to work with the Snap (in the latest versions of snapcraft, not ags), and one way to fix is using the sdl2 digi audio driver. The old version didn't need it because it used a hacked audio driver that pretended to be alsa and was a pulse-audio driver (here), but the newer version don't have that hack anymore.

BUT the sdl2-digi audio driver breaks the SDL2 based Joystick plugins.

Dualnames, is this for any of your games? I ask because you use the joystick plugins.

When I checked trying to run both crashed my computer so I couldn't debug ( https://github.com/ericoporto/agsjoy/issues/9 ), I remember at the time your plugin had the same problem but I haven't retested later, I think this was the other thing that made me postpone updating - I was kinda waiting for 3.6.0...

Dualnames

It's for Strangeland which uses 3.5.0.26 and AGSWaves, which I'm able to compile under linux!

The game runs fine, just no sound. AGSWaves uses 2 SDL channels for crossfading and sounds, but uses voice through AGS's audio engine, and i have no sound coming out on 3 linux machines + 1 Virtual Machine (my own).
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

eri0o

What sounds are you not listening? Can you give a small binary that uses all types of sounds?

I am sorry, but I have been out of computer today and will be tomorrow too.

If you are using the 3.5.0.26 Linux build, can you try removing the sdl2 digi sound driver and see if it works? It's great alone but it could be some conflict.

Dualnames

Neither of the sounds work, or music, or speech. There is no sound output, even though the audio device initializes, both on AGS and SDL2.

3.5.0.26 Afaik is not using SDL yet, i think it's 3.5.0.7 and on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk