Weird Russian piracy-ish localisation

Started by StillInThe90s, Tue 11/12/2018 20:10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

While not a localization, I found that someone had written a lengthy review in Russsian for Commissar's Contrapasso. From running it through Goolgle translate,
I think that they liked the story but not the graphics, but it'd be nice if anyone in these forums who knows Russian would want to elaborate.

Ilyich

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sat 12/01/2019 18:25:05
While not a localization, I found that someone had written a lengthy review in Russsian for Commissar's Contrapasso. From running it through Goolgle translate,
I think that they liked the story but not the graphics, but it'd be nice if anyone in these forums who knows Russian would want to elaborate.

First of all, this blog is dedicated to finding and laughing at different (usually wildly inaccurate) depictions of Russia in non-russian media. Considering this context, the author's impressions are very positive, he even goes as far as saying that the story is better than in most [modern] Russian-made films on the subject (not the highest of bars, admittedly, but still). The graphics bashing happens mostly in the comments section, and the reviewer just defends the game and says that he liked it. And don't worry, no Russian comments section to an indie game goes without complaints about the graphics. :)

Blondbraid

That's great to hear, thank you for telling me!  :-D

Blondbraid

TheFrighter

Seems a good thing you don't hurt the russian censorship with your games, Blondbraid!   8-)

_

Blondbraid

Quote from: TheFrighther on Sat 19/01/2019 08:11:23

Seems a good thing you don't hurt the russian censorship with your games, Blondbraid!   8-)

_
To be honest, I was wondering if the mentions of the commissar's sexuality would risk the game getting blocked in Russia.  (roll)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk