[Aseprite] Easy Compile Pack for Windows

Started by franzrogar, Tue 19/02/2019 22:13:40

Previous topic - Next topic

franzrogar

Hello.

After the change in the Aseprite copyright in 2016, it's forbidden (so they say) to distribute compiled versions. Truth be told, reading *properly* the copyright, it is NOT. But I'll respect their "plea".

I've created a pack to semi-automate the building of the latest release of Aseprite: you only need to install three programs (Visual Studio 2017 Community, CMAKE, LLVM; which are "next", "next", "next" installations) and double-click a batch file. It will then compile the program and place it into a folder so you can use it.

I've also added two files: a .manifest & registry entry, both for UHD Screens (4K, 2160p, or whatever you want call them) as if they were not present, the program interface would be SO small that it would be trash. That trick is the same that you would use with other programs, like GIMP. It's what I use ;-)

Note: I've a 64 bits OS, but the script is configured so it should work flawlessly with 32 bits too; but I can't test.

To keep the file size as small as possible, there is a README file pointing to where to download the three programs needed. The pack itself 42MB but it will grow up to 3,6GB after compiling (it download a myriad of requirements of Aspire). So, double click, Internet connection, and maybe watch "The Lord of the Rings". In my PC (Intel i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, HDD 5400RPM, download speed 900 kB/s) it takes around two hours to finish.

Direct download from Google Drive which will be online always.

Hope you like it.

EDITED: Here's an image (in Spanish, but, hey, ain't that hard to match into English ;-) ) of the only things you need to install from Visual Studio 2017 Community, just in case it's not clear enough in the README.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk