Birdy Birdy (MAGS July 2019 entry)

Started by Cassiebsg, Mon 05/08/2019 00:26:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

A game by Cassiebsg, with Kastchey wielding the visual effects brush and Ibispi directing the music orchestra, present:

Birdy Birdy

Get it at: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2366/
Linux version is available by using the mirror link, thanks to morganw.  :-D

Description: Play as a sparrow... I'm not sure how to describe the game without spoiling the story and the few puzzles...

Made for MAGS July 2019, themed "Animal protagonists".
Point&Click Adventure game

Res: 1024x576 32bit colour.

Note: The 3D main character is a placeholder, due to lack of time.

Get it at: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2366/
Linux version is available by using the mirror link, thanks to morganw.  :-D
Update 7/Aug/2019: Linux version is now fixed.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

lanchong

I always love your games but this one won't work on my Ubuntu (Linux) computer. It's weird because most Windows games usually work fine for me.
The home screen is frozen and the mouse cursor won't move, whether I'm in Window or Full screen mode.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Cassiebsg

I'm using the latest Beta, maybe something has changed to cause the problem? Have you tried changing the render engine with winsetup (it's default is Direct3D 9)?
I can try and build a Linux version if you still can't get it to work (but I have no way of testing if it works nor have I build to Linux before).

Oh, and nice to know you enjoy my games.  :-D

VampireWombat

I had the same problem with Cave of Avarice and checked and yours won't work for me either. Something about the Beta doesn't work with Wine.
If you have trouble building a Linux version, maybe Cat can help.

Cassiebsg

morganw has offered to build it for me and has already gotten the source file.  :)

Cassiebsg

Linux version is now available by using the mirror link at the DB or direct here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zcmb72z7h1k3sh1/BirdyBirdy2.tar.gz/file

Big thanks for morganw for building this for me.  (nod) :-D

Edit: New version for Linux now available.

lanchong

Thank you for producing a Linux.
But it didn't work for me. I get this error message even though the library is present: "ags64: error while loading shared libraries: liballeg.so.4.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Anyway, I borrowed a Windows laptop to run the game and I like it. It's so original and cute !

morganw

Did you launch ags64 directly or did you use the script?
Edit: I tried and it seems there is something wrong with the library or how it is loaded

VampireWombat

I just tried and had no problems running the AGS64 file.

blur

I played the game with a self compiled (It is very easy to do, only follow the instructions) Adventure Game Studio v3.5 Interpreter ACI version 3.5.0.12 and could find no technical problem at all.
The problems I faced were that the text font is small, not too small, but small enough to be somewhat annoying and
Spoiler
the bracelet is so flimsy and I could not spot it in the fountain, although I knew it must be there.
[close]
The good parts of the game are the story and especially the musical score!!!

Cassiebsg

I know about the bracelet problem, I just got the sprites very close to delivery and had no time to improve it.
I noticed the text was a bit too small after getting the final BG, but I didn't had the font to re-import it as I'm on vacation and brought everything but the font.  :-[

Sorry, I'll fix both after MAGS voting is over.

But I'm glad you enjoyed the game anyway.  :-D

Cassiebsg

Just a heads up, I just replaced the Linux version. Hope all works now.  :-D

lanchong

The latest Linux build works fine. Thanks for fixing it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk