Phoenix Tales -- now available on Steam

Started by Divon, Wed 30/10/2019 15:10:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Divon

UPDATE 11/3/19: Phoenix Tales is officially available on Steam for $4.99.  Steam sale page:  https://store.steampowered.com/app/1187490/Phoenix_Tales/?beta=0

After 10 long years of on and off progress (mostly off), I've finally published my first game. Phoenix Tales is live and available for purchase for $4.99 @ www.phoenixtalesgame.com and on the indie game site www.itch.io.  This was 100% a labor of love. Ever since I played my first Sierra adventure game as a 5(ish) year old, I wanted to make a game just like it. 30 years and some ungodly number of hours of work later, I finished one. Life goal complete. Onto the next one, I guess?

ABOUT THE GAME

Something strange is happening in the land of Rydanthia.  You arrive in the town of Northern Cross and quickly discover things are not what they seem.  Merchants tell stories of nearby towns that are deserted.  There are frightening creatures lurking in the forest.  Can you solve the mysteries surrounding this threat?  Can you live to tell the tale?

A CLASSIC ADVENTURE GAME
At it's core, Phoenix Tales is an adventure game.  Modeled after classic point-and-click style games of the 1990's, you'll have to use your wits to solve the puzzles.

RPG ELEMENTS
Gain experience and level up your character as you progress through the game.  With individual stats and several weapon / armor upgrades to find, Phoenix Tales is an RPG-lite experience too!

A UNIQUE COMBAT SYSTEM
While you'll need your brain to solve the mysteries plaguing the town of Northern Cross, sometimes a little brawn comes in handy too.  Master a unique combat system that requires both timing and strategy!

MULTIPLE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
Sometimes being a hero requires help.  Along the way, you'll meet a companion who will prove to be quite helpful on your quest.  He has his own play style, attributes, and attacks.

A FULLY IMMERSIVE AND DETAILED WORLD
Using real world locations and motion capture actors, which are then "cartooned" into a unique art style, there is plenty to see, do, and explore.

CHECK OUT THE TRAILER

SCREEN SHOTS

Durq

Very cool! What's the estimated play time for a first-time player?

Cassiebsg

Congrats on finishing and releasing this!  (nod)
Good luck with sales.  :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Divon

Quote from: Durq on Wed 30/10/2019 18:53:13
Very cool! What's the estimated play time for a first-time player?

My best estimate for a first time play through, with having mild difficulty solving some of the puzzles, is roughly 3-4 hours.  Time will vary based on how much work you put into leveling your character, and whether or not you figure out any additional side quest.

edit -- of course, if you don't run into any trouble, it's much faster...like any adventure game ;)

Divon

Phoenix Tales is officially available on Steam as of this morning!  Here is the link to the store page:  https://store.steampowered.com/app/1187490/Phoenix_Tales/?beta=0

The price is $4.99, just like on the official website.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk