Troubling Teleportation

Started by Compcat, Sat 27/07/2019 23:32:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Compcat

Jerzy's hat has been stolen!  Jerzy is a retired teleportation sheriff and kung-fu master, but for his retirement he wiped his memory to relax, uploading those stressful memories to a hat.  But now that Mad Willy has that hat, all Jerzy's secret knowledge and kung-fu mastery are in the hands of an evil villain!

This is made with assets from 3d Movie Maker: images, sound effects, and music.  This is sort of a practice game, to develop a workflow and learn AGS before attempting something more ambitious with original assets.  Because learning was the main goal of this game, any constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jinnlzskpldgls4/Troubling_Teleportation.zip

Privateer Puddin'

Will check it out! Thought I recognised those graphics :D

Compcat

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Wed 31/07/2019 10:24:09
Will check it out! Thought I recognised those graphics :D
Did you get a chance to play it yet?  I'm very curious of the thoughts of AGSers on this, positive or negative.  Even though the assets are from 3d Movie Maker, a lot of work still went into it.

lanchong

Overall you've done a good job for first game.
Colours are a bit funny which makes it a bit hard to identify objects but graphics go well with this weird universe.
There's a good balance of dialogue and puzzles. I loved the in-game walkthrough, that's a great idea.
I look forward to your next game !

Compcat

Quote from: lanchong on Wed 14/08/2019 05:13:36
Overall you've done a good job for first game.
Colours are a bit funny which makes it a bit hard to identify objects but graphics go well with this weird universe.
There's a good balance of dialogue and puzzles. I loved the in-game walkthrough, that's a great idea.
I look forward to your next game !
Thanks for the feedback!  I always appreciate when I see in-game walkthroughs or hint systems in adventure games.  Unfortunately looking up solutions is often a part of the gameplay loop for point-and-clicks (at least for impatient folks such as myself), so ideally the player shouldn't have to leave the game and look elsewhere for it.  Also being my first game I had no idea how hard the puzzles were, and wanted to err on the side of it being too easy and people actually completing it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk