MAGS July “Animal Protagonists” (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Mon 01/07/2019 06:50:42

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS July?

Hopping Homeward
5 (41.7%)
Research Reservations
3 (25%)
Birdy Birdy
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Fri 23/08/2019 03:24:52

NuggetSeb

Ah!! Thank you so much everyone! Thank you for the feedback, the votes, and the congratulations! :)

Myself and Kiwi are very grateful, and extremely flattered!! I'll be casually working on fixing the coding for the room changes, and eventually will release an update with that being fixed.

Some of you also mentioned not being able to save: To save, you have to open up your inventory and press the little power button! The option to save will come up there, as I don't know do automatic save points and the like ^^

Thank you again so much!!

Cassiebsg

A suggestion to solve the "save"... change the icon of the power button to a settings button...  ;) Some of us never actually use the quit button, so finding the option would only be by pure luck (or reading the thread)... 

As for saving/restoring, what I normally do, when I just want to give a quick save slot in a short game (like I did in Birdy Birdy), just add a button to the GUI for save and another for restore/load.

And then use:

SaveGameSlot(30, "save game"); // Note 30 is slot number, you can assign whatever number you like, just not 999, as that is the slot used for restart (it's automatic)

RestoreGameSlot(30);

Just remember to check for if file exists, before restoring it, otherwise you might risk someone crashing the game because they hit restore before saving first.  ;)
Alternative  to the GUI buttons (or you can just use both), you can add those lines to the usual keyboard keys F5 for save and F7 for restoring.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Has anyone heard from NuggetSeb. He hasn't been on for a few days and I need his topic details for next month.

Cassiebsg

I was going to suggest trying Kiwi, but last login is even worse than NuggetSeb.
Maybe try email, if you can find (or someone can provide) and address.

Stupot

Cassie, would you and your team like to come up with a back-up theme, as you guys came in 2nd. So if we don't hear from Nugget by the end of the month, we'll still have a topic for September.

Cassiebsg

Well, in that case you should probably step in and choose the topic yourself, as backup plan.  ;)
But I'll see if Kastchey has any ideas.

Edit: After a quick brainstorm, we have a backup theme now. I'll send it to you in a while, as I need to find a few pics to illustrate the theme and get my son in bed first.

If NuggetSeb shows up and sends you the theme in the mean time, let me know so I can avoid wasting time.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk