Maelstrom Obscura - Now on Kickstarter!

Started by Slasher, Wed 04/09/2019 06:55:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Maelstrom Obscura:  Case 1

Maelstrom Obscura is an intriguing adventure game delving into the misty world of conspiracies, myths and legends. Talk to theorists, debunkers, locals, witnesses, agencies and the military. Gather information and discover for yourself if some conspiracies, myths or legends are true or false, or what you believe them to be.

Case 1: The Legend of the Loch Ness monster ... (Updated 8th September 2019)

Can you conclude the Legend behind the Loch Ness monster... Is the Legend true or an elaborate hoax?

6 cases in the full game...

Multiple endings...

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2372/

Asking around in a local Scottish Inn

Can you get to use the speedboat to search for Nessie?

Preparing to dive into the dangerous Loch Ness

Trying to get into McGrew castle in the fog to investigate the case

Entering McGrew castle... watch the floor does not give way!

Shopping at the Loch Shop

Frodo

Yippeee!    :grin:

I've been looking forward to this.   :cheesy:

Slasher

Very soon we will be adding this game to Kickstarter in the hope of crowdfunding to complete all 6 cases of Maelstrom Obscura.

Please support us in making Maelstrom Obscura full game a reality.

This game is updated as required...

Mandle

Slasher

Hoots, me bonny Mandle  (laugh)

Game Updated 5th September 2019.......

Slasher

Our Kickstarter Campaign is being prepared and a trailer is soon to be created....

I will post our Kickstarter page when it is done...

We hope for your support and that you will help us in our campaign by making a pledge...

This is my first Kickstater in over 50 games and I would love it to be a success...

Thank you all  (nod)

Slasher

Frodo

Will it be DRM-free?   *hopes*   

Please say it will be DRM-free.  :smiley:

Don't force people to use steam. 

Slasher

Don't Worry Frodo, it will be DRM free..... possibly until end of 2020..

Jojo_the_monkey

Congratulations on releasing the first case!! I am hoping to play the second one pretty soon!! :wink:
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

Rocchinator

Durq

I'm loving the backgrounds for this game, especially the Loch Inn. Great job with the art overall!

Wiggy

What's not to like here? Great artwork, interesting themes and storyline, great voice acting and bug-free scripting. Sure there are some spelling errors, but I quite enjoyed the game and earnestly look forward to the complete series. I wish the team well with Kickstarter, because to not develop this series would be a travesty.

Durq

Quote from: Wiggy on Tue 10/09/2019 07:19:00
Sure there are some spelling errors

Proofreading will happen, so we should be getting any spelling errors corrected.

Thanks for the kind words. Everyone who has been working on the game appreciates it.

Slasher

Great write up from Jack Allin of Adventure Gamers....

'Maelstrom Obscura whips up free first legend-hunting case'

https://adventuregamers.com/news/view/38578

Slasher

We are now creating Kickstarter rewards posters...

You could even make a crowdfunding pledge of as little as £5 on the Kickstarter website when our campaign is published. You will also be given rewards for your help which include posters and your name mentioned in the game plus in the credits.

lanchong

Hi Slasher,

This game doesn't work on Linux (using WINE).
I had a similar issue recently with [Birdy Birdy: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=57380.0
I've tried all settings combinations in winsetup.exe but no luck.

Maybe it's an issue in AGS 3.5.x.x ?
Would you be able to compile a Linux version ?

Thanks

Slasher

Quote from: lanchong on Sat 21/09/2019 03:34:53
Hi Slasher,

This game doesn't work on Linux (using WINE).
I had a similar issue recently with [Birdy Birdy: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=57380.0
I've tried all settings combinations in winsetup.exe but no luck.

Maybe it's an issue in AGS 3.5.x.x ?
Would you be able to compile a Linux version ?

Thanks

I'll see what I can do..

Slasher

Have added a Patch so should be able to run on Linux..

Linux version will be uploaded this week.. Will let you know when..

Cheers

Slasher

lanchong

When you have a chance, can you please upload a Linux version of your game?
Thanks

Slasher

Hi lanchong

we are in the middle of our campaign but rest assured we will upload Linux after..

Thank you

Slasher

This is our Kickstarter Pre-Project Page for Maelstrom Obscura, in production.

Frequently updated.

Please help us by visiting.

Thank you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maelstromobscura/914119607?ref=74m7cjoken=20ecaac3

Frodo

Your Kickstarter is looking great.   :smiley:

But will the game be DRM-free or steam-only?  You need to add that information to your page. 

Slasher

Quote from: Frodo on Thu 17/10/2019 12:37:05
Your Kickstarter is looking great.   :smiley:

But will the game be DRM-free or steam-only?  You need to add that information to your page. 

Yes it will be DRM-free... page now updated...

cat

Great that the page is up!
A few remarks how it could be improved:

• The video: You come across as likeable authentic. However, I have problems understanding you. I'm not a native speaker and I know that sometimes have problems understanding English speech, but I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. Please consider your audience and either have subtitles or make sure to record the video with better sound quality.
  • The pie chart is extremely low quality with lots of artefacts. Make sure to upload a file with better quality, now it looks kinda unprofessional.
  • Rewards: The order of items in 15 and 25 tier is mixed and I don't understand the difference between the two tiers (why would I pay 10 GBP for a text?)
  • 75GBP and onwards: Don't write that something will only apply for the first backers. Either make it for all of them or limit the amount of people who can back for this level.
  • Usually, the soundtrack would be included in a much lower tier. E.g. game is 15, game + soundtrack 25

Shadow1000

Quote from: cat on Thu 17/10/2019 20:50:34

• The video: You come across as likeable authentic. However, I have problems understanding you. I'm not a native speaker and I know that sometimes have problems understanding English speech, but I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. Please consider your audience and either have subtitles or make sure to record the video with better sound quality.

I just want to echo this: as a Canadian, I usually understand most English dialects with no problem but was only able to understand about 2/3 of what was said.

Slasher

Thanks guys...

I can't do much about the sound but I have added subtitles (English)...

I have also redone the pie chart..

Hopefully this is an improvement...

The tiers are being looked into and will be amended before we launch.

cheers and thank you, your comments mean a lot to me  (nod)

lanchong

On the draft campaign page, I don't see a link to download Case 1. Is this intentional ?

Slasher

Quote from: lanchong on Mon 21/10/2019 07:41:49
On the draft campaign page, I don't see a link to download Case 1. Is this intentional ?

Yes, it is.... It is for ags only..

Linux version will be available once Kickstarter is launched..

Slasher

**** Our game has now launched and we would like your support by visiting our project website and helping us to fully create our game: Maelstrom Obscura...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maelstromobscura/maelstrom-obscura-conspiracies-myths-and-legends

Slasher

Now that our game has launched we would like your support by visiting our Kickstarter web page and helping us in one way or another, even if you just spread the word.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maelstromobscura/maelstrom-obscura-conspiracies-myths-and-legends

Regards

Slasher

CaptainD

All the best with your Kickstarter mate.

Frodo

Congrats on the launch of your Kickstarter, Slasher.   :cheesy:

Slasher

selmiak

and you can find a longplay of the game here:

Spoiler

even within spoilers because of gameplay spoilers!
This longplay shows ONE ending of multiple endings to Case 1!

Slasher

Our game Maelstrom Obscura is being relaunched on Kickstarter in Feb and we would like your support in one way or another, even if you just spread the word.

Here you can see my new KS video + trailer...

https://youtu.be/XJQWYH36xnw

Regards

Slasher

Mandle

Just watched your video above, long time mate. I still think your best game ever is "The Condemned", especially the writing, but I will give this new business a chance!

Slasher

I would like to announce an exciting new artist on our team...

CaptainD

Quote from: Slasher on Fri 13/03/2020 14:14:03
I would like to announce an exciting new artist on our team...

Talk about creating suspense!!!!  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

If you were waiting for permission to make the announcement, I hereby grant you permission  :grin:

Slasher

Some great backgrounds from our new artist....

Cassiebsg

Yeah, they look great, very different in style from the previous though.

Will these replace the old, or will they coexist?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

Durq

The new backgrounds really look fantastic!

Retro Wolf

Beautiful artwork Slasher, that's quite a talent you've hired there.

Slasher

Here is a new video of the cyborgs at the army base... Not all speech is in-game yet...

This is one ending of two...

https://youtu.be/km8i49CKNAI

Frodo

The new screenshots and trailer look amazing Slasher.   :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk